Photo
- - - - -

Hurney, the worst contract negotiator of all time? Panthers in worse cap shape in 2014

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

I say fire Fox and Hurney immediately!!!!!!

Wait........What????
You say Fox has been gone almost 3 years and Hurney 5 months.

OH...... nevermind..........................

Actually my opinion is that the real culprit in the tight cap issues is that everyone was told the 2014 cap would go up 20-30 million due to the TV contract. Now it appears it will be flat again. So teams that negotiated contracts in 2010 like we did, planned on that. Teams that were able to wait until 2011 were told that things would be flat. The reason things are worse in 2014 than 2013 is because Hurney counted on what they were telling him. Did he overspend, yes...... But it wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be. If we have bad contracts like Beason and Williams then the overwhelming majority were good ones.

#82 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

I say fire Fox and Hurney immediately!!!!!!

Wait........What????
You say Fox has been gone almost 3 years and Hurney 5 months.

OH...... nevermind..........................

Actually my opinion is that the real culprit in the tight cap issues is that everyone was told the 2014 cap would go up 20-30 million due to the TV contract. Now it appears it will be flat again. So teams that negotiated contracts in 2010 like we did, planned on that. Teams that were able to wait until 2011 were told that things would be flat. The reason things are worse in 2014 than 2013 is because Hurney counted on what they were telling him. Did he overspend, yes...... But it wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be. If we have bad contracts like Beason and Williams then the overwhelming majority were good ones.

#83 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Now we know the reason that none of Drew Rosenhaus' Clients ever had any contract troubles while they were with the Panthers.

Marty Hurney was the Tommy Boy of GM's

Don't know if this is related but i like the clip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users