• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#61 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Skye Philly wasn't running a option offense. When Vick ran it wasn't a designed running play it was a busted play where he took off. They ran a west coast offense. So the WR got a lot of targets and opportunities. Like I said in the read option or pistols offense there aren't a lot of targets for the 2# and 3rd WR. The stats this year prove it. No 2nd WR in Seattle, Washington,or San Fran had dominate numbers over Lafell. In fact in 2 less games Lafell may have better numbers then most of the option offense WR.

Vick ran the ball 100 times that year. You're telling me that there were 100 busted plays in his 13 games? That's ludicrous.

Also, your argument here is just weird. The read option doesn't present a ton of options for receivers, no. The teams you've listed (Carolina, Washington, Seattle, SF) all ranked 26th or lower in pass attempts. But you're conflating correlation and causation. All of those teams have weak talent at wide receiver, which probably led to them de-emphasizing the passing game.

Basically, if your argument is that LaFell is a satisfactory starting receiver, you're wrong. In his third year, with a good quarterback, he has yet to break 700 yards or catch even five touchdowns. He isn't terrible, he's just not good.

#62 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Also, if you're looking for the physical difference between LaFell and Rogers, it's in their hips. Rogers jumps six inches higher, significantly farther, and does the cone drills and shuttle runs faster. Rogers, in short, is a more explosive athlete.

#63 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

The concern about Rogers isn't his talent, it's his character issues.

Does anyone know how his interviews went?

#64 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

This CNN article said pretty well.
http://sportsillustr...-improve-stock/

#65 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Vick ran the ball 100 times that year. You're telling me that there were 100 busted plays in his 13 games? That's ludicrous.

Also, your argument here is just weird. The read option doesn't present a ton of options for receivers, no. The teams you've listed (Carolina, Washington, Seattle, SF) all ranked 26th or lower in pass attempts. But you're conflating correlation and causation. All of those teams have weak talent at wide receiver, which probably led to them de-emphasizing the passing game.

Basically, if your argument is that LaFell is a satisfactory starting receiver, you're wrong. In his third year, with a good quarterback, he has yet to break 700 yards or catch even five touchdowns. He isn't terrible, he's just not good.

So your telling me they ran a option offense in Philly and not the West Coast offense that "Andy Reid" is know for? So you tell me how many counters and dives and sweeps they ran for Vick then like they do in the read option?

Washington - S Moss, Garcon, Hankerson, josh Morgan Fred Davis. - You have a point.

Seattle - S rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Zach Miller - that's pretty good group of WR.

San Fran- Crabtree, R Moss, Manningham, Ginn Jr., AJ Jenkins, Vernon Davis, D walker - That's a really good. Group as well.

So you would be wrong about that.

That is my point and the fact he missed 2 games which he could have broke 5td and 700 yards. He was only 23 yards and 1td away. Let's also not forget in his 1st year he played with Clausen and his 2nd year he sat behind Leagudon't most of the year. So he hasn't really had 3 years to do anything. So again you would be wrong.

I thought you had enough of going against me on RC but I guess I was wrong.

#66 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Also, if you're looking for the physical difference between LaFell and Rogers, it's in their hips. Rogers jumps six inches higher, significantly farther, and does the cone drills and shuttle runs faster. Rogers, in short, is a more explosive athlete.

I look at film difference and there isn't any. Except Lafell was more elusive and more of a deep threat then Rogers.

#67 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

come on man this dude has got at least a lil talent!!!!

#68 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

come on man this dude has got at least a lil talent!!!!

He does have talent but if we say that we have to say the same thing about Lafell because they have the same type Game.

Just because he's a new shiny toy people go crazy over him but if you take the time and look it's no different then the toy you already have.

#69 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

So your telling me they ran a option offense in Philly and not the West Coast offense that "Andy Reid" is know for? So you tell me how many counters and dives and sweeps they ran for Vick then like they do in the read option?

Washington - S Moss, Garcon, Hankerson, josh Morgan Fred Davis. - You have a point.

Seattle - S rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Zach Miller - that's pretty good group of WR.

San Fran- Crabtree, R Moss, Manningham, Ginn Jr., AJ Jenkins, Vernon Davis, D walker - That's a really good. Group as well.

So you would be wrong about that.

That is my point and the fact he missed 2 games which he could have broke 5td and 700 yards. He was only 23 yards and 1td away. Let's also not forget in his 1st year he played with Clausen and his 2nd year he sat behind Leagudon't most of the year. So he hasn't really had 3 years to do anything. So again you would be wrong.

I thought you had enough of going against me on RC but I guess I was wrong.

San Francisco's group was "really good?" Manningham has had about 1000 yards in the last two seasons combined, Randy Moss was out of the league before this season, and Ginn got a single receiving yard this year. One yard, which is one more yard than AJ Jenkins got. That 'good group' contains one legitimately good receiver, a tight end, and an H-back.

In Seattle, Sidney Rice had the one great year with Favre and then not a lot after that. This is Tate's first year over 400 yards, and Doug Baldwin didn't even break that number this year. Zach Miller also failed to hit 400.

I'm not seeing anything that would make a coach want to throw the ball around.

If a player is of such a caliber that Legadu Naanee is taking playing time from them, do you really think there's no need to try and upgrade that position?

#70 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

I look at film difference and there isn't any. Except Lafell was more elusive and more of a deep threat then Rogers.

If you're not seeing that Rogers jumps higher and has better burst, I don't trust your ability to watch film. The numbers clearly show it.

#71 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

San Francisco's group was "really good?" Manningham has had about 1000 yards in the last two seasons combined, Randy Moss was out of the league before this season, and Ginn got a single receiving yard this year. One yard, which is one more yard than AJ Jenkins got. That 'good group' contains one legitimately good receiver, a tight end, and an H-back.

In Seattle, Sidney Rice had the one great year with Favre and then not a lot after that. This is Tate's first year over 400 yards, and Doug Baldwin didn't even break that number this year. Zach Miller also failed to hit 400.

If a player is of such a caliber that Legadu Naanee is taking playing time from them, do you really think there's no need to try and upgrade that position?

1. Manningham made clutch catches to a Superbowl. Randy still takes the top off of a defense and open up under routes for Carbtree and Davis. Ginn is a special team weapon and AJ was a 1st round pick. Add in the fact this team was 5 yard from a ring and beat teams with the multiple receiving weapons you drool over. Yes it's a really good group.

2. So because Sidney isn't producing like he did under a HOF QB he's a bad WR? So if 89 went to Jacksonville and doesn't put up the same numbers he did with Cam . Is he a bad WR?
How many people wanted Golden Tate? Doug Baldwin was a good slot WR last year. So this is a good group it's just the option offense didn't afford many opportunities. Plus how many passing attempts did Russell?

3.Another Dumb argument. Was it DWill fault that Foster got the starting job over him? Was it James Anderson fault that Nile Diggs got the start over him? Was it Richard Marshall fault that a broke down Ken Lucas was starting over him? Best example Jake was done and Matt Moore was still on the bench. Point is sometime it's not the player's fault that the Coach is being stupid.

#72 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

1. Manningham made clutch catches to a Superbowl. Randy still takes the top off of a defense and open up under routes for Carbtree and Davis. Ginn is a special team weapon and AJ was a 1st round pick. Add in the fact this team was 5 yard from a ring and beat teams with the multiple receiving weapons you drool over. Yes it's a really good group.

2. So because Sidney isn't producing like he did under a HOF QB he's a bad WR? So if 89 went to Jacksonville and doesn't put up the same numbers he did with Cam . Is he a bad WR?
How many people wanted Golden Tate? Doug Baldwin was a good slot WR last year. So this is a good group it's just the option offense didn't afford many opportunities. Plus how many passing attempts did Russell?

3.Another Dumb argument. Was it DWill fault that Foster got the starting job over him? Was it James Anderson fault that Nile Diggs got the start over him? Was it Richard Marshall fault that a broke down Ken Lucas was starting over him? Best example Jake was done and Matt Moore was still on the bench. Point is sometime it's not the player's fault that the Coach is being stupid.

#73 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

#74 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

If you're not seeing that Rogers jumps higher and has better burst, I don't trust your ability to watch film. The numbers clearly show it.

I see Rogers not getting much separation and not much YAC yards. And being nothing more then a possession WR. Which we already have.

#75 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

The concern about Rogers isn't his talent, it's his character issues.

Does anyone know how his interviews went?

I heard both Rogers and Matheiu's interview went very well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.