• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#91 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

1. He was only 23 yards and 1TD away from your dumbass bench mark. At the same time playing 2 less games and most of a 3rd do to a concussion. Are you seriously this ANAL???

2. No he doesn't Lafell is quicker and changes direction a lot more then he gets credit for.

http://insider.espn..../brandon-lafell

http://insider.espn....ayer/_/id/30177

Rogers also has a lower Scouts Grade then Lafell. So the better Prospect thing is wrong.

Better change of direction really???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdurt6S_TSc

3. 31 teams passed on A Rodgers so that don't mean poo. One of the best Coaches in the league didn't pass on Moss and he could see how Moss can help the rest of his WR. No matter what dumb poo you can think of. Moss is still a player that can take the top off of a defense and is still a deep threat. Don't act like that doesn't effect a defense.

I'm not using 700 yards as an absolute bench mark. 700 yards does not represent some sort of barrier between average and good. In saying that he's never gotten 700 yards, I was merely pointing out that he's never put up impressive numbers. You can call him a 700 yard receiver if you'd like, but that's still merely middling production, and could definitely be upgraded upon.

Three-cone drill. Shuttle run. These are drills designed to test the speed at which players change directions. Rogers ran every single one of them faster than did LaFell. When I say that Rogers changes directions better than LaFell, I'm using real statistical evidence, not some Youtube highlights. Rogers is the same size, he runs faster, he jumps higher, he changes directions more quickly, and his hands are bigger. He is a superior physical prospect. Again, these are just facts.

31 teams did not pass on Rodgers. 23 teams passed on Rodgers (kind of funny that you missed than when you've been calling me a tennis fan all week). Anyway, all 32 teams did pass on Tom Brady, so I get the point that you're trying to make. The problem is that Tom Brady and Randy Moss were in entirely different situations. Brady was totally unproven. Moss had been in the league for a long, long time. Everybody knew exactly what they were getting with Moss, and only one team wanted him. A smart team, yes, but there's more than one of those in the league. Regardless, the original point was that the 49ers didn't have a great receiving group, and I'm still right in that regard.

#92 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

I'm not using 700 yards as an absolute bench mark. 700 yards does not represent some sort of barrier between average and good. In saying that he's never gotten 700 yards, I was merely pointing out that he's never put up impressive numbers. You can call him a 700 yard receiver if you'd like, but that's still merely middling production, and could definitely be upgraded upon.

Three-cone drill. Shuttle run. These are drills designed to test the speed at which players change directions. Rogers ran every single one of them faster than did LaFell. When I say that Rogers changes directions better than LaFell, I'm using real statistical evidence, not some Youtube highlights. Rogers is the same size, he runs faster, he jumps higher, he changes directions more quickly, and his hands are bigger. He is a superior physical prospect. Again, these are just facts.

31 teams did not pass on Rodgers. 23 teams passed on Rodgers (kind of funny that you missed than when you've been calling me a tennis fan all week). Anyway, all 32 teams did pass on Tom Brady, so I get the point that you're trying to make. The problem is that Tom Brady and Randy Moss were in entirely different situations. Brady was totally unproven. Moss had been in the league for a long, long time. Everybody knew exactly what they were getting with Moss, and only one team wanted him. A smart team, yes, but there's more than one of those in the league. Regardless, the original point was that the 49ers didn't have a great receiving group, and I'm still right in that regard.

1. He's only had 1 year of (real Opportunity) to even hit these bench marks. 2010 = Nobody hit that bench Mark not even 89. 2011= he was the 4th target most games behind Smith, Shockey, Olsen, and Legadue. 2012 he missed 3 games and was only 23 yards and 1 TD away. Also like to mention Smith only had 4td as well. Is he not a Number 1?? You are really being Anal.

2. Well I don't care about what a player does running around " inanimate objects". If we are going to use that as "facts" then Mike Mamula should have been better then Michael Strahan. And Dontari Poe (who blew up the Combine) should have blew away all DT this year. To bad cones don't move and tackle. That's why I go by Film where I can see a player cut change direction and separate from real moving obstacles. And this is where Lafell shows more elusiveness then Rogers.

3. I said Good WR crop not great which it was. Everybody played a part and everybody posed different threats to a defense. That is how a WR group is suppose to work. And I promise you Frank Gore loved the fact that the Safeties had to keep a eye on Moss running a deep pass route.

#93 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

1. He's only had 1 year of (real Opportunity) to even hit these bench marks. 2010 = Nobody hit that bench Mark not even 89. 2011= he was the 4th target most games behind Smith, Shockey, Olsen, and Legadue. 2012 he missed 3 games and was only 23 yards and 1 TD away. Also like to mention Smith only had 4td as well. Is he not a Number 1?? You are really being Anal.

2. Well I don't care about what a player does running around " inanimate objects". If we are going to use that as "facts" then Mike Mamula should have been better then Michael Strahan. And Dontari Poe (who blew up the Combine) should have blew away all DT this year. To bad cones don't move and tackle. That's why I go by Film where I can see a player cut change direction and separate from real moving obstacles. And this is where Lafell shows more elusiveness then Rogers.

3. I said Good WR crop not great which it was. Everybody played a part and everybody posed different threats to a defense. That is how a WR group is suppose to work. And I promise you Frank Gore loved the fact that the Safeties had to keep a eye on Moss running a deep pass route.

The fact that he was the fourth target in the offense is proving my point, but we've established that you don't understand the difference between causation and correlation, so I'm done arguing it. And Smith was obviously a #1. He actually produced (yards) like one.

I'm also fairly certain that I've used the phrase 'physical prospect' every time I mention this. And I'm still right. You're right that the best athletes aren't the best football players, but again, I never said that they were. You've ogot a thing for knocking down arguments that I don't make.

Who was good? I'm seeing 800 yards distributed among the four receivers not named Crabtree.

#94 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

The fact that he was the fourth target in the offense is proving my point, but we've established that you don't understand the difference between causation and correlation, so I'm done arguing it. And Smith was obviously a #1. He actually produced (yards) like one.

I'm also fairly certain that I've used the phrase 'physical prospect' every time I mention this. And I'm still right. You're right that the best athletes aren't the best football players, but again, I never said that they were. You've ogot a thing for knocking down arguments that I don't make.

Who was good? I'm seeing 800 yards distributed among the four receivers not named Crabtree.

1. Coaches make stupid roster Depth decision all the time. It's not the player's fault that it happen nor does it mean their not talented. Again John Fox started D Foster over DWill . Does that mean Dwill was sorry?
You also didn't mention that while 89 put up yards he was also targeted 63 more times then Lafell was. Maybe if Lafell got half of those he would have more yards as well.

2. And again I think Lafell was a better all around prospect. You do know that blocking is a physical act by a WR? Well Lafell was way more of a better blocker then Rogers is now. If you're talking about Rogers being a little bigger muscle wise. Who cares? David Boston was a muscle man to. How long did his career last again?

3. If you go by the offense they ran and the jobs they were ask to do I think they were a pretty good group. New Orleans only has Colston and Graham putting up numbers. But Henderson and Moore did their part and as a whole they are considered a good WR corp.

Edit Lance had a really good season this year.

#95 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

1. Coaches make stupid roster Depth decision all the time. It's not the player's fault that it happen nor does it mean their not talented. Again John Fox started D Foster over DWill . Does that mean Dwill was sorry?
You also didn't mention that while 89 put up yards he was also targeted 63 more times then Lafell was. Maybe if Lafell got half of those he would have more yards as well.

2. And again I think Lafell was a better all around prospect. You do know that blocking is a physical act by a WR? Well Lafell was way more of a better blocker then Rogers is now. If you're talking about Rogers being a little bigger muscle wise. Who cares? David Boston was a muscle man to. How long did his career last again?

3. If you go by the offense they ran and the jobs they were ask to do I think they were a pretty good group. New Orleans only has Colston and Graham putting up numbers. But Henderson and Moore did their part and as a whole they are considered a good WR corp.

Edit Lance had a really good season this year.

I don't mention the targets because targets are dependent on a receiver's ability to get open. Smith and LaFell were on the field for the vast majority of the passes, and Smith got open for more often than did LaFell. If LaFell was a better receiver, his numbers would've been better. You're trying to make it work the other way around.

Again, you're arguing against points I never made. I stopped at 'Rogers is physically superior.' You've been talking to yourself ever since.

No, not really. You mentioned Ginn and AJ, and both of those players literally did nothing in the passing game. Moss and Manningham were nothing more than mediocre. There just wasn't a threat, a guy or collection of guys that would make Harbaugh want to pass more.

Yeah, Lance was a 1,000 yard receiver last year. Not sure what you were going for there.

#96 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

I don't mention the targets because targets are dependent on a receiver's ability to get open. Smith and LaFell were on the field for the vast majority of the passes, and Smith got open for more often than did LaFell. If LaFell was a better receiver, his numbers would've been better. You're trying to make it work the other way around.

Again, you're arguing against points I never made. I stopped at 'Rogers is physically superior.' You've been talking to yourself ever since.

No, not really. You mentioned Ginn and AJ, and both of those players literally did nothing in the passing game. Moss and Manningham were nothing more than mediocre. There just wasn't a threat, a guy or collection of guys that would make Harbaugh want to pass more.

Yeah, Lance was a 1,000 yard receiver last year. Not sure what you were going for there.

1. Again showing your stupidity. This is dumbest poo you said in this whole thread. Cam would throw to Steve even when he wasn't open. Steve could be triple covered and Cam would try and get him the ball. Another example of your dumb argument is Boldin. A Bold in is never open but still gets a lot of balls thrown his way. So just stop.

2. He's a little bigger but that doesn't mean he is more of a physical prospect then lafell was.

3. You had your number 1 (crabtree). You had your deep threat (moss). You have your possession WR (Manningham). You had a guy who can play special team (Ginn). You had your Rookie fill in (AJ). Then you add the Do it all TE's (Davis, Walker). Pretty good group in my opinion.

#97 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

I love Lafail!!! Going to be ELITE next year.
700 yds and 5tds in 2013!

#98 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

1. Again showing your stupidity. This is dumbest poo you said in this whole thread. Cam would throw to Steve even when he wasn't open. Steve could be triple covered and Cam would try and get him the ball. Another example of your dumb argument is Boldin. A Bold in is never open but still gets a lot of balls thrown his way. So just stop.

2. He's a little bigger but that doesn't mean he is more of a physical prospect then lafell was.

3. You had your number 1 (crabtree). You had your deep threat (moss). You have your possession WR (Manningham). You had a guy who can play special team (Ginn). You had your Rookie fill in (AJ). Then you add the Do it all TE's (Davis, Walker). Pretty good group in my opinion.

Seriously, let's just try and talk about football, instead of freaking out and calling me stupid. You don't know me. How about we show a little bit of respect and knock off the internet tough guy crap?

Boldin catches 58% of the balls thrown his way, so I doubt that he's 'never open' when the ball goes his way. Either way, it's a successful play. Smith's success rate is quite a bit lower, so there's a chance that you're right. But seriously, you're acting like the fact that LaFell isn't putting up good numbers is everyone's fault but his. There just aren't good receivers in the league that put up consistently mediocre numbers like LaFell has.

He's bigger, faster, stronger, jumps higher, has larger hands, and changes directions more quickly. He's a better physical prospect than LaFell.

They fit the roles, but Manningham and Moss didn't do either one very well. Again, you're looking at about 400 yards for each of them. Not exactly something that's going to make a coach change his game plan to pass the ball more, especially when your 'special teamer and rookie fill-in' contribute literally nothing to the passing game.

#99 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Seriously, let's just try and talk about football, instead of freaking out and calling me stupid. You don't know me. How about we show a little bit of respect and knock off the internet tough guy crap?

Boldin catches 58% of the balls thrown his way, so I doubt that he's 'never open' when the ball goes his way. Either way, it's a successful play. Smith's success rate is quite a bit lower, so there's a chance that you're right. But seriously, you're acting like the fact that LaFell isn't putting up good numbers is everyone's fault but his. There just aren't good receivers in the league that put up consistently mediocre numbers like LaFell has.

He's bigger, faster, stronger, jumps higher, has larger hands, and changes directions more quickly. He's a better physical prospect than LaFell.

They fit the roles, but Manningham and Moss didn't do either one very well. Again, you're looking at about 400 yards for each of them. Not exactly something that's going to make a coach change his game plan to pass the ball more, especially when your 'special teamer and rookie fill-in' contribute literally nothing to the passing game.

1. Boldin makes great catches while having little to know separation from the DB covering him. Did you not watch the Superbowl at all? Maybe watch a film on Boldin. And then talk to me.

2. How can you ask for consistent production from a player not put in a consistent situation? I could see if he had been the number #2 WR the whole time he was here or we ran the same offense every year. But that hasn't happen. The real question is why do I have to defend a player who has made plays, improve every year here, and has a highest hands rating on the team to another panther fan?

3. Film doesn't agree with you.

4. They did well enough to be 5 yards from a Superbowl title.

#100 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,275 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

http://www.govolsxtr...rogers-says-he/

Anyone know if the Panthers had someone there?

#101 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Rodgers is better than LaFell.

#102 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

This is the only WR in the draft I just hope we don't get. Nothing stands out to me and he has red flags on top of it. We're talking Tennessee who dropped him. If we wind up with him, I'll hope I'm dead wrong but I'd prefer us staying clear of Rodgers.

#103 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Rodgers is better than LaFell.

Rogers may be the best receiver in this draft

#104 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

This is the only WR in the draft I just hope we don't get. Nothing stands out to me and he has red flags on top of it. We're talking Tennessee who dropped him. If we wind up with him, I'll hope I'm dead wrong but I'd prefer us staying clear of Rodgers.

Tennessee never dropped him. He was suspended, than transferred to Tenn Tech. It was his choice to transfer.

#105 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Rogers may be the best receiver in this draft

All things considered. He is prob the best / most complete WR in the draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com