Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:48 AM

Carrie Prejean stripped of Miss California title

Before you shout for joy or howl with rage, check the details. It's not for the reasons you think it is :sosp:

The group kicked the controversial beauty queen from her post due to "contract violations including Ms. Prejean's unwillingness to make appearances on behalf of the Miss California USA organization," the pageant's Executive Director, Keith Lewis, said in a statement.

Last month, Trump decided that Prejean would be allowed to keep her crown despite racy photos of the 22-year-old surfacing on the Internet. But Lewis claims that in the weeks that followed, the beauty queen did not step up to the plate.

"Since that time it has become abundantly clear that Carrie is unwilling to fulfill her obligations under our contract and work together," Lewis' statement continued.

Essentially, when you don't show up for work, you get fired.

Don't be too surprised if the controversy/dethroning winds up leading to a bigger spotlight than she might otherwise have received. There's arguably no better known "Miss America" than Vanessa Williams, and she too was stripped of her title amidst controversy.

Such circumstances often make beauty queens more memorable than if they just led uneventful year long reigns.

(and yes, I realize some of the male members here won't get past reading "Miss California Stripped...")

Edited by Mr Scot, 11 June 2009 - 12:55 AM.

#2 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:37 AM

She'll forever be remembered as the beauty queen who stood up to homo oppression.

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:34 AM

I think the photos that surfaced probably had more to do with her being let go than her statement to P. Hilton.

#4 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:03 AM

She'll be naked in Playboy within a year.

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:06 AM

She'll be naked in Playboy within a year.

I am hoping for Penthouse.

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:53 AM

I think the photos that surfaced probably had more to do with her being let go than her statement to P. Hilton.

Flap from that had pretty much blown over.

Honestly, I'm taking it at face value. I think she didn't show up for some appearances they wanted her to (probably nothing political, just standard beauty queen stuff) and they dumped her for it.

People on both sides of the political spectrum will likely put their own spin on it, but I'm taking a Foxish "it is what it is" view of the whole thing.

#7 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:40 AM

She is gonna be on TNC momentarily.

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:48 AM

All intentional on her part I am sure. At this point with all of that media coverage, miss california title is holding her back and costing her money. She doesn't need it anymore.

#9 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:54 AM

Flap from that had pretty much blown over.

Honestly, I'm taking it at face value. I think she didn't show up for some appearances they wanted her to (probably nothing political, just standard beauty queen stuff) and they dumped her for it.

People on both sides of the political spectrum will likely put their own spin on it, but I'm taking a Foxish "it is what it is" view of the whole thing.

True, but I think that after the photos showed up, she was on a pretty tight leash. Any screwups and she was gone. And she screwed up by not showing up.

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:49 AM

True, but I think that after the photos showed up, she was on a pretty tight leash. Any screwups and she was gone. And she screwed up by not showing up.

It wasn't her fault. I set the alarm to 6 PM by accident. I blame myself.

#11 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,439 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:01 AM

It's pretty obvious she'll do anything for attention. She probably didn't show up to something knowing she would get another run in the papers for it.

#12 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:09 AM

It wasn't her fault. I set the alarm to 6 PM by accident. I blame myself.

:cheers2:

#13 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

First reports by the media can be deceiving. Looks like the only thing she missed was unauthorized events promoting the gay agenda which the pagent staff thought would be a good education for her. could be a lawsuit.
Gotta love the media.

#14 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:41 AM

First reports by the media can be deceiving. Looks like the only thing she missed was unauthorized events promoting the gay agenda which the pagent staff thought would be a good education for her. could be a lawsuit.
Gotta love the media.

Posted Image

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:48 AM

Gotta love the media.

source?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.