• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

if gettis had TD's heart he'd be all pro.

True... But if the coaching staff hasn't seen anything I'm sure they would've released him

#32 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Maybe Gettis is done but how would we know? I don't trust Rivera's doghouse judgment yet.

I do, Joe Adams, Norman, Goodson, all good moves to bench those guys. Letting Adams back out of the doghouse was a bad move.

#33 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

lol

#34 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

I am surprised no one has asked Rivera why he refused to put Gettis on the field. I would really like to know. If he really had so much confidence in Louis freakin Murphy not to give him a shot then that just brings him down even more with me.

#35 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Yeah, something must have happened between Ron and Gettis. Unless he really wasn't recovered.

#36 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,739 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

It makes me sick for you people to sit at home on your couch and have the audacity to question another man's heart. How many training camps did you attend this past season? If you would have been in attendance you would have noticed a young man named David Gettis working out on that sideline everyday with a trainer trying to get back.

hmmm... perhaps you're right, i probably overstated that.

i will contend that if gettis' ceiling and raw talent is as high as it is purported to be by the huddle masses (i have long been among them) then his efforts to rehab would be manifested in phenomenal practice results (which would likely result in playing time as well.)

he's either an average receiver with good heart or a phenomenal wide receiver with not as much heart (read: desire) or some deviation from those two extremes. either way i think the huddle has him pegged as an injured calvin johnson with the heart of thomas davis and sam mills, and i don't think that's accurate.

#37 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

I thought we really had something in Gettis his rookie season. I'm not sure if that torn ACL ruined him or he just got fat and happy cashing NFL checks for nothing. Either way, seems like Gettis is done. I think LaFell can be a decent #2, but we need a successor to Smitty. We most certainly do not have that guy on our roster currently.

We had a gifted athlete but not a proven receiver in Gettis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.