Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you a texter or a talker?

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Texting (and to an extent emailing) are perfect for quick dissemination of information. What I hate is entire conversations that are done via text over an hour plus when it can be finished and me off to doing something else if we just had a 5 minute phone conversation.

That goes doubly at work with email.

Amen!!! Preach it brutha!

Posted · Report post

don't get me started on the work emails....good lord...and these people that have to cc everybody they know...look at me, I'm doing work.....kiss my ass!

Posted · Report post

sexting-explained-gif.png

Posted · Report post

Funny+iphone+text+conversations.+Funny+iphone+text+conversations+sexting_8ad390_4263452.png

Posted · Report post

thanks everyone for sending me your contact lists....Tuesday nights will be much more entertaining now

Posted · Report post

voicemail is so 2007. i will call someone back and go hey I SAW your voicemail. they go did you listen? umm no?

Posted · Report post

In all seriousness though, I don't know how many unneccessary arguments I have gotten in because someone takes a text the completely wrong way. Texting takes all emotion and tone out of what you are trying to say and it can cause problems. I don't care if you do put some stupid smiley face at the end.

QFT

Posted · Report post

I like many absolutely hate talking on the phone, because the majority of the I lose interest after a few minutes. Texting is a lot easier. Only downside is people of a certain age who are horrible texters and (new word) over-abrreviators

Posted · Report post

don't get me started on the work emails....good lord...and these people that have to cc everybody they know...look at me, I'm doing work.....kiss my ass!

I am just the opposite. I cc as few people as possible, don't want anyone to know I am working, because they might ask me to do more. :)

Posted · Report post

I like many absolutely hate talking on the phone, because the majority of the I lose interest after a few minutes. Texting is a lot easier. Only downside is people of a certain age who are horrible texters and (new word) over-abrreviators

kinda ironic you used a word that is very long to describe something that is supposed to be real brief. like, brf.

Posted · Report post

Text.

me on the phone:

2898_1.jpg

Posted · Report post

This thread brought to you by the people holding up the line at grocery stores and sitting through green lights.....