Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you a texter or a talker?

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Man, I'm 18 and I've always preferred calling. If it's just totally casual, I'll text. Like if I'm talking to a girl over an extended period of time or I'm talking to one of my friends about sports or just general stuff.

But if I wanna hang out with someone at some point, or I wanna figure something out or find out where someone is or something, I'll call every time.

Posted

Seems like most people text simply because they want to avoid talking to someone voice-to-voice. One of the biggest ills of our society is our inability to communicate effectively with other human beings.

The second biggest ill of our society are the morons who drive worse than a drunk when they're trying to text, are unable to put their foot on the gas pedal and talk simultaneously, drive anywhere between 25-50 mph in a 35 mph zone...in 3 second bursts while trying to read texts, driving 45 in the fast lane and are incapable of changing lanes while talking or texting....

Posted

I don't have texting. My cell phone bill is $10 a month. IWIN.

Posted

I text a lot, but sometimes it's important for people to hear my voice.

I don't know how to say it, but I feel like we as a people are losing something from not having as much face to face contact....not sure what it is though.

Posted

I don't have texting. My cell phone bill is $10 a month. IWIN.

SouthWestern_Bell_Motorola_Brick_Cell_phone_web.jpg

Posted

I use a voice interface to send text messages.

I guess I'm both :lol:

1 person likes this

Posted

I use voice text too.

I used to love talking on the phone and would call people up just to bullshit. I would only text to ask brief questions. Now I haaate talking on the phone. I don't return calls unless I think they are important. I only answer the phone if you are certain people and even the I sometimes still will not answer it. I text. But if it cant be said in one or two messages then it is not worth saying IMO. I guess I've become grouchy and distant, I like it that way.

Posted

I'm with you Mr Scot. Since getting my Galaxy S III, I use voice to compose the text and hit send. Best of both worlds if you ask me.

Posted

Except for the occasional oddball interpretation :lol:

(those times when you think "how could it possibly have heard that?")