44 replies to this topic

#31 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

In all seriousness though, I don't know how many unneccessary arguments I have gotten in because someone takes a text the completely wrong way. Texting takes all emotion and tone out of what you are trying to say and it can cause problems. I don't care if you do put some stupid smiley face at the end.

QFT

#32 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

I like many absolutely hate talking on the phone, because the majority of the I lose interest after a few minutes. Texting is a lot easier. Only downside is people of a certain age who are horrible texters and (new word) over-abrreviators

#33 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

don't get me started on the work emails....good lord...and these people that have to cc everybody they know...look at me, I'm doing work.....kiss my ass!

I am just the opposite. I cc as few people as possible, don't want anyone to know I am working, because they might ask me to do more. :)

#34 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,284 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

I like many absolutely hate talking on the phone, because the majority of the I lose interest after a few minutes. Texting is a lot easier. Only downside is people of a certain age who are horrible texters and (new word) over-abrreviators

kinda ironic you used a word that is very long to describe something that is supposed to be real brief. like, brf.

#35 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,499 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Text.

me on the phone:

Posted Image

#36 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

This thread brought to you by the people holding up the line at grocery stores and sitting through green lights.....

#37 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,681 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Man, I'm 18 and I've always preferred calling. If it's just totally casual, I'll text. Like if I'm talking to a girl over an extended period of time or I'm talking to one of my friends about sports or just general stuff.

But if I wanna hang out with someone at some point, or I wanna figure something out or find out where someone is or something, I'll call every time.

#38 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,211 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

Seems like most people text simply because they want to avoid talking to someone voice-to-voice. One of the biggest ills of our society is our inability to communicate effectively with other human beings.

The second biggest ill of our society are the morons who drive worse than a drunk when they're trying to text, are unable to put their foot on the gas pedal and talk simultaneously, drive anywhere between 25-50 mph in a 35 mph zone...in 3 second bursts while trying to read texts, driving 45 in the fast lane and are incapable of changing lanes while talking or texting....

#39 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

I don't have texting. My cell phone bill is $10 a month. IWIN.

#40 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,874 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

I text a lot, but sometimes it's important for people to hear my voice.

I don't know how to say it, but I feel like we as a people are losing something from not having as much face to face contact....not sure what it is though.

#41 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

I don't have texting. My cell phone bill is $10 a month. IWIN.

Posted Image

#42 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I use a voice interface to send text messages.

I guess I'm both :lol:

#43 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

I use voice text too.
I used to love talking on the phone and would call people up just to bullshit. I would only text to ask brief questions. Now I haaate talking on the phone. I don't return calls unless I think they are important. I only answer the phone if you are certain people and even the I sometimes still will not answer it. I text. But if it cant be said in one or two messages then it is not worth saying IMO. I guess I've become grouchy and distant, I like it that way.

#44 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

I'm not a Saint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I'm with you Mr Scot. Since getting my Galaxy S III, I use voice to compose the text and hit send. Best of both worlds if you ask me.

#45 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Except for the occasional oddball interpretation :lol:

(those times when you think "how could it possibly have heard that?")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.