carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,231 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

A good player

A good player. Let's see, Eddie Lacy is a good player.

#35 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Joeckel
Floyd
Fisher
Warmack
Miliner
Cooper
Ansah
Patton

These are the guys I have absolutely no qualms getting. There are a lot of other guys who I'm kinda 50-50 about.

#36 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,231 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Joeckel
Floyd
Fisher
Warmack
Miliner
Cooper
Ansah
Patton

These are the guys I have absolutely no qualms getting. There are a lot of other guys who I'm kinda 50-50 about.

You would really take Patton at 14?

#37 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,143 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

yeah he the best boy^^^

lol ill get him around the 30's in the first.....same place reggie wayne went to the colts.

#38 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,231 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

yeah he the best boy^^^

lol ill get him around the 30's in the first.....same place reggie wayne went to the colts.

We don't have pick around the 30s
Love him at 44

#39 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,143 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

duh chuck lol talking bout trading back in the first........hes not gonna be there......pats might take him they been talking to him a whole bunch. pats have 29th pick...would not be a reach.

#40 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

You would really take Patton at 14?

Yes, and I realise I'm in the minority here. Take the top WR's in the NFL today and take a look at how they were coming out of college, you'll notice some key traits:

1. Production

This is huge. It's VERY rare for a top WR not to have posted a 1000 yard season in college. There are exceptions, but man, you gotta dig for them. These exceptions (like Colston and Hartline) weren't even first round picks; they fell for a reason. This is the reason I'm against drafting Cordarelle Patterson.

2. Adequate athlete

I don't need you to run a 4.3, just be fast enough to get separation on film. If they're not super quick, height/bulk is an important factor. Again, you don't need to be superman, but it's good to be over 6 foot tall without being a twig.

3. Natural hands

This is obvious enough.

4. Smart enough to run routes

You can prove this to me in different ways. It's obvious that you can run routes if you show it on tape, but if you played in a simple offence, you need to look smart in your interviews/wonderlick.

5. Don't be a douchebag

Not rocket science.

When it comes to drafting a WR for me, it's not about being amazing at any one of these things, but being well-rounded. Patton ticks all the boxes. I also like Allen as a prospect, but his injury worries me.

#41 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,231 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

duh chuck lol talking bout trading back in the first........hes not gonna be there......pats might take him they been talking to him a whole bunch. pats have 29th pick...would not be a reach.

Let's put the whole trading thing aside for now okay. Let's stick with our picks at 14 and 44. How about that lol

#42 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,231 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yes, and I realise I'm in the minority here. Take the top WR's in the NFL today and take a look at how they were coming out of college, you'll notice some key traits:

1. Production

This is huge. It's VERY rare for a top WR not to have posted a 1000 yard season in college. There are exceptions, but man, you gotta dig for them. These exceptions (like Colston and Hartline) weren't even first round picks; they fell for a reason. This is the reason I'm against drafting Cordarelle Patterson.

2. Adequate athlete

I don't need you to run a 4.3, just be fast enough to get separation on film. If they're not super quick, height/bulk is an important factor. Again, you don't need to be superman, but it's good to be over 6 foot tall without being a twig.

3. Natural hands

This is obvious enough.

4. Smart enough to run routes

You can prove this to me in different ways. It's obvious that you can run routes if you show it on tape, but if you played in a simple offence, you need to look smart in your interviews/wonderlick.

5. Don't be a douchebag

Not rocket science.

When it comes to drafting a WR for me, it's not about being amazing at any one of these things, but being well-rounded. Patton ticks all the boxes. I also like Allen as a prospect, but his injury worries me.

Good reasons.
I believe the kid is the 2nd or 3rd best receiver, but with all the projections and all I think we could still get him in the 2nd. Don't have to reach for him. If he's gone before that, guess no luck.

#43 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Good reasons.
I believe the kid is the 2nd or 3rd best receiver, but with all the projections and all I think we could still get him in the 2nd. Don't have to reach for him. If he's gone before that, guess no luck.

Thanks! Yeah I'm never big on the whole "he'll be there later" idea. Players are all projected to go at different places, but how reliable is that? Chris Johnson was projected to go in the middle rounds, lol he ended up being drafted in the 1st! To me, the crux of the BPA strategy (what I believe to be the best approach to the draft) is "don't get too cute". Only a small portion of these NFL will ever amount to anything. If you play dice with the few prospects you do like, you're basically asking for something unpredictable to happen (see CJ2K again for example). I mean, look, if there are other prospects there who you like just as much, it can be a good tie-breaker. That's all it should be though, imo anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com