not scared... just doesn't matter.

*sob*

The internets matter dude.

#12 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

You do this to keep the charitable contributes flowing.
They shut them off, you do something dumb, accept olive branch....
this isn't the first time this has happened.

Fact is NOBODY involved wants the status quo changed...sadly.

It's true. And their esteemed leader isn't nuts either he is probably smart as poo. Same with Ahmadinejad.

#13 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Fwiw, it actually does matter, quite a bit.

-Critical area of the world with a good portion of the worlds economy might there. A war in the vicinity could send the world into a another recession.

-Several US allies in the vicinity of an unpredictable leadership that has already launched or tried to launch attacks on its neighbor. And has access to nuclear weapons.

Most importantly, lots of people could be killed especially if nukes are used (including some of the 20 thousand plus US troops in South Korea, with more in Japan and Okinawa).

of course, events in Korea pale in comparison to the daily debate over which side has more foolish voters, democrats or republicans. Or who will be more impacted by voter id laws, the 10 people who committed voter fraud, or the 11 people who don't have an id or any of the other discussions currently ongoing. ;)

#14 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Fwiw, I imagine China is quite pissed at them, but I think the amount of influence the Chinese really have is extremely limited. Other than threatening to cut off trade, there isn't much they can do. And cutting off trade will likely make things worse.

#15 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

I actually made this to hear what DD had to say...

Idk what their end game is, but its not good.

Everyone says they're not worried about NK, but NK may just get so desperate they do something really, really stupid that starts an out-of-control situation.

#16 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• LocationGitmo
HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

I think the only country you have to worry about that has nukes is the only one that used them on a civilian population.

#17 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Everyone says they're not worried about NK, but NK may just get so desperate they do something really, really stupid that starts an out-of-control situation.

Very little chance buscuit. We really have nothing to worry about from a nuclear or traditional conflict with NK. They would have to have the technology of a superpower to figure out how to sneak a nuke anywhere near our borders.

What you might worry about is technological terrorism and espionage. Like disable major parts of our power grid for an extended period of time using viruses or actual targeted individual attacks.

Or whatever.

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

I think the only country you have to worry about that has nukes is the only one that used them on a civilian population.

the only reason we did that is because we got there first.

#19 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Very little chance buscuit. We really have nothing to worry about from a nuclear or traditional conflict with NK. They would have to have the technology of a superpower to figure out how to sneak a nuke anywhere near our borders.

What you might worry about is technological terrorism and espionage. Like disable major parts of our power grid for an extended period of time using viruses or actual targeted individual attacks.

Or whatever.

I'm not concerned at all about them attacking us... I was thinking more about Japan or SK.

Sneak a nuke out on a boat or something...

#20 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Or whatever.

If they go completely off their rocker, there are things to worry about. Nuking our bases in SK, or putting a nuke in a old sub and exploding it under a Carrier fleet. Or putting one in a cargo ship and exploding it in the Straits of Hormuz.. There are several terrible scenarios that could be imagined, if they decide to risk annihilation.

I remember reading a book several years ago in which the Russians initiated a strike on the US by exploding three nukes a few miles off the West coast. Caused a mile high radioactive tsunami to slam into California. I don't know if that would actually happen or if NK could pull something like that off, but they think outside the box, they could think of ways to hurt us. Of course, in response they would cease to exist. Which is why I don't think it will happen. They are nuts, but probably not that nuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users