Photo
- - - - -

Example 5830562 of why the average tea party conservative in america is a fuging moron

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,066 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I don't often call names and I'm very hesitant to ascribe cover-all monikers for a certain political ideology (as i believe there are plenty of merits to conservatism) but I'm convinced the tea party is going to be the ultimate undoing of modern american conservatism because it's come to define it. The average fuging moron that constitutes red blooded amurrica-lovin' right wingers post stuff like this and it spreads like wildfire across the internet with no regard for research methodologies and informed discourse, perpetuated misinformation that helps build bolster these sorts of opinions with indignant fury.

Posted Image

obama did not order all flags be flown at half mast. very ironically, the only place to fly flags half mast for whitney houston's death was new jersey, by order of its governor, current republican darling chris christie. i've posted this fact on every single one of these brainless shares on facebook and nobody's responded.

facts are so annoying when they get in the way of preconceived notions and confirmation biases, aren't they?

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,039 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Are the particular people that shared this on fb "tea partiers" or just idiots in general?

I see poo like this all the time on my timeline, mainly from people that I'm "friends" with because they were high school classmates...

#3 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,066 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Are the particular people that shared this on fb "tea partiers" or just idiots in general?

I see poo like this all the time on my timeline, mainly from people that I'm "friends" with because they were high school classmates...

it's an important distinction for sure... i don't want to characterize the core of the movement as retarded (though i disagree with much of it.) i tried to make that distinction in the title. at what point does the majority view of a movement then become its voice and its agency? in my experience (anecdotal, of course, so it shouldn't be used as an absolute) the people who espouse these sorts of views are vast in number and tend to be the most strongly vocal conservatives and tend to be the activists of that ideology (as far as specific blocs are appealed to by that movement.)

that said i am getting increasingly impatient with this kind of bullshit. this kind of thinking is pervasive and it's inherently dangerous, and it happens to constitute a significant portion of the voting public, and therefore a constituency, and therefore is reflected in certain public representatives who wield immense power. fuging scary poo.

#4 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,631 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I just got blocked for offering an opinion on that picture. People are such sensitive pussies.

#5 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

anything that demands reform of the abomination of current federal fiscal practices as its core ideology has my backing

#6 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,066 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

im a willful pawn

ftfy

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,039 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

it's an important distinction for sure... i don't want to characterize the core of the movement as retarded (though i disagree with much of it.) i tried to make that distinction in the title. at what point does the majority view of a movement then become its voice and its agency? in my experience (anecdotal, of course, so it shouldn't be used as an absolute) the people who espouse these sorts of views are vast in number and tend to be the most strongly vocal conservatives and tend to be the activists of that ideology (as far as specific blocs are appealed to by that movement.)

that said i am getting increasingly impatient with this kind of bullshit. this kind of thinking is pervasive and it's inherently dangerous, and it happens to constitute a significant portion of the voting public, and therefore a constituency, and therefore is reflected in certain public representatives who wield immense power. fuging scary poo.

I agree... I see more and more of it, and as you say, nobody searches to make sure the info is valid. I don't generally comment on that kind of thing, pretty much just ignore it, mainly because the people that post it aren't worth talking to. I've blocked some of them... others I don't mainly for reasons that they post stuff about other people I know that I am actually interested in...

#8 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,631 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

I commented on how the information on the picture was incorrect and got the response "whether the information is wrong doesn't matter. The picture represents a sentiment. We idolize degenerates instead of heroes" .

I basically stated that celebrities and degenerates aren't mutually inclusive terms. People don't idolize degenerates but instead idolize entertainers. I also pointed out that the funeral of this hero was widely covered and revered as even evidenced by the fact that such a bogus picture was making it's facebook rounds.

I was blocked about 30 seconds later.

#9 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

i idolize neither singers nor soldiers.

#10 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,631 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

The term "people" was used broadly.

#11 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

i think i fall under "people" even under it's most broad usage.

though i'm willing to hear counter-arguments.

#12 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,631 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

i think i fall under "people" even under it's most broad usage.

though i'm willing to hear counter-arguments.

I believe you mean - it's most narrow usage.

#13 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

ftfy

Yeah... thanks for that... let me fix the rest of it for ya:

Racist
Uneducated
Hick
Bigoted
Imperialistic
Selfish
Cronyistic
Short-Sighted
Republican
Fox New Cheerleader
Religious Zealot
Brainwashed

Did I miss any?

#14 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

I believe you mean - it's most narrow usage.

no, i'm actually just a pig that wears a hat and smokes a pipe.

#15 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,331 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

If you can't stuff the other side in an illogical box your own opinions aren't as justified. I get this all the time as a libertarian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com