Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nerlens Noel vs. Ben McLemore vs. Shabazz Muhammed.

72 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't say that at all. I don't think Shabazz can coexist with anyone to be honest. Once the ball is in his hands, you might as well start heading down the other end of the court getting ready to play defense. He's a bonafide chucker/ball-stopper.

I wouldn't mind a ball hogger (Kobe)

1 person likes this

Posted

I wouldn't mind a ball hogger (Kobe)

As much as I hate him, Kobe >>>>>>> Shabazz. Shabazz is doing pretty good in college. Kobe DOMINATED at the highest level of basketball.

Posted

mclemore ftw!

Posted

the tall skinny guys are injury prone. he will be injured regularly in the NBA. Give me Bennett please.

Posted

the tall skinny guys are injury prone. he will be injured regularly in the NBA. Give me Bennett please.

Kevin Durant and Kevin Garnett are always out!

Posted

I'd be pretty thrilled having any of the three, but I truly feel that Bazz will be a star in the NBA. He just has that "it" factor. He wants to be the star, he demands the ball, he's a bit selfish at times, he's extremely talented, he's a great athlete and a good shooter. I feel that Bazz is kind of limited in that UCLA offense where touches are pretty spread out. I feel that if Bazz played in an offense that was ran through him he would shine even more as would UCLA. Bazz can literally do it all. He can drive, pull up for a mid range J, shoot the 3, post up, iso, come off screens, etc. He's still getting used to playing hard on defense and is refining his all around game as in HS he was a pure scorer and that was pretty much all he did. I have zero doubt in my mind that he is the best pure scorer in this draft (it's really not all that close imo), and at 6-6 225 I also feel like he will be a good all around player as well.

Posted

I'd be pretty thrilled having any of the three, but I truly feel that Bazz will be a star in the NBA. He just has that "it" factor. He wants to be the star, he demands the ball, he's a bit selfish at times, he's extremely talented, he's a great athlete and a good shooter. I feel that Bazz is kind of limited in that UCLA offense where touches are pretty spread out. I feel that if Bazz played in an offense that was ran through him he would shine even more as would UCLA. Bazz can literally do it all. He can drive, pull up for a mid range J, shoot the 3, post up, iso, come off screens, etc. He's still getting used to playing hard on defense and is refining his all around game as in HS he was a pure scorer and that was pretty much all he did. I have zero doubt in my mind that he is the best pure scorer in this draft (it's really not all that close imo), and at 6-6 225 I also feel like he will be a good all around player as well.

He want to be the star bc all he had ever known was being hyped up as a STAR. That doesnt mean hes the better player. McLemore's ego is not even close to Bazz and he's been on the same level as Bazz, if not better. Imagine if McLemore start being greedy with the ball and takes over a game.McLemore clearly is the better player between the two. His range, jumper, drives and athleticism is just off the hook.

Bazz isn't nearly as good a shooter as Ben. Most of his points come off the paint and floaters. We need a guy who can score beyond the arc. We already have MKG to do the dirty work inside. Bazz is another SF at the next level.

I can't wait till to see Ben light up the Final Four tournament. Ben will be the better player to help improve Kemba to become that "top10" PG in this league.

Posted

LOL at the idea you have to have an ass on your team to be successful.

Posted

Kemba should let another guy if it is Shabazz to take the winning shot. Haven't seem much of Kemba winning the game in the last sec since his Uconn days.

Agreed he hasn't done it as much but he wasn't going up against NBA level players all the time in college either

Posted

Well lets change the word...how about intense, angry, aggressive,ass. You choose the adjective. Its important.

Think about all the top teams/players. They all have that. Even alter boy Kevin Durant is an angry aggressive player. That is what the Cats are lacking, an angry aggressive beat you up player.

Posted

He want to be the star bc all he had ever known was being hyped up as a STAR. That doesnt mean hes the better player. McLemore's ego is not even close to Bazz and he's been on the same level as Bazz, if not better. Imagine if McLemore start being greedy with the ball and takes over a game.McLemore clearly is the better player between the two. His range, jumper, drives and athleticism is just off the hook.

Bazz isn't nearly as good a shooter as Ben. Most of his points come off the paint and floaters. We need a guy who can score beyond the arc. We already have MKG to do the dirty work inside. Bazz is another SF at the next level.

I can't wait till to see Ben light up the Final Four tournament. Ben will be the better player to help improve Kemba to become that "top10" PG in this league.

I very much disagree with the sentence that I have in bold.

It's not clear who is the better player. I personally believe that Bazz is the better player because he is capable of scoring in so many different ways. I've watched quite a few UCLA and Kansas games and I feel like UCLA has the worst possible offense for Bazz and Kansas has the best possible offense for McLemore. All I see is McLemore constantly coming off screens, while I see Bazz creating his own offense most of the time via driving, posting up, pulling up, etc. Not that there is anything wrong with McLemore constantly coming off of screens, because that is how he is best utilized, but I feel that he is more of a system player than Shabazz is. In saying that, I think that you can plug Shabazz into any system and I'm not sure that the same is true for McLemore.

Everyone is constantly talking about McLemore being this amazing athlete, and yeah he's a really good athlete, but he rarely shows it... he's not next level like some here think. I just think that Bazz is more explosive and is able to do a wider array of things. Also, I'm not sure what's up with people saying that McLemore is the next Ray Allen or that Bazz's jumper is no where close to McLemore... all flat out wrong imo. I guess we'll see as time goes by...

Posted

Well lets change the word...how about intense, angry, aggressive,ass. You choose the adjective. Its important.

Think about all the top teams/players. They all have that. Even alter boy Kevin Durant is an angry aggressive player. That is what the Cats are lacking, an angry aggressive beat you up player.

I don't think that you have to be an ***hole, but I think that having a killer instinct is a very important thing to have. Kobe has said in the past that he believes that it's a very important attribute to have so I will tend to agree.