Photo
- - - - -

Nerlens Noel vs. Ben McLemore vs. Shabazz Muhammed.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#46 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,298 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Im not saying he will automatically plummet now but injuries(definitely knees) are a bad thing in the nba. Bigs with injury issues rarely pan out(see Oden) so if Noel falls(to like the third or fourth big taken as opposed to the first) it wouldn't shock me.

But hes not. X-ray were said to be negative and should be ready in 8months. If he do fall, it's not going to be all the way to 14. Maybe 5-7.

#47 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Noel's ACL injury makes him a no-go for me. I was iffy on him already. No need to take chance on him now

#48 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

But hes not. X-ray were said to be negative and should be ready in 8months. If he do fall, it's not going to be all the way to 14. Maybe 5-7.

Depending on how the season pans out, certain players perform and team needs its possible he could fall to 14(highly unlikely sure).
I don't have an issue with his injury but that doesn't mean nba gms won't. If he did fall and we got him at 14 time to celebrate. It would be like Star falling to the panthers, not going to happen but if it does awesome.

#49 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,298 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Depending on how the season pans out, certain players perform and team needs its possible he could fall to 14(highly unlikely sure).
I don't have an issue with his injury but that doesn't mean nba gms won't. If he did fall and we got him at 14 time to celebrate. It would be like Star falling to the panthers, not going to happen but if it does awesome.

Well if 12 other gms passes him up then why should we even bother to take him at 14? It he fall that far, it' gotta be a major problem.

#50 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Well if 12 other gms passes him up then why should we even bother to take him at 14? It he fall that far, it' gotta be a major problem.

5 year plan remember?

Seriously though it won't happen but if it does you take him. Injury or not you take him at 14 and hope he gets healthy.

#51 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,298 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

5 year plan remember?

Seriously though it won't happen but if it does you take him. Injury or not you take him at 14 and hope he gets healthy.

Lol I got you. Just messing but again "5yr plan" means he ain't getting pass the two gms drafting after us.

#52 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

With Len and Zeller being really good in their own right he could be the third big taken instead of the first. Grand scheme not a huge drop but still a drop.

#53 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

#54 Third Degree

Third Degree

All we do is win

• HUDDLER
  • 4,698 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Baron Davis tore his ACL in 1999 and the Hornets drafted him 3rd overall anyway, he turned out just fine. Just cautioning you on running away from a dude bc of one injury.

#55 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Baron Davis tore his ACL in 1999 and the Hornets drafted him 3rd overall anyway, he turned out just fine. Just cautioning you on running away from a dude bc of one injury.

I was never on his bandwagon to begin with so I have nothing to run away from. His injury just further cements the fact that I don't want him.

#56 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

he'll probably drop a little bit, but some team will be glad to take a chance on him at 6 or 7.

#57 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,865 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

I want to see Nerlens and that Box Cut in a bobcats jersey blocking shots all day.

#58 Third Degree

Third Degree

All we do is win

• HUDDLER
  • 4,698 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Are people on McLemore's bandwagon because of YouTube dunk highlights and the fact he's a guard?

#59 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Also his tremendous athleticism, silky smooth shot, ability to hit those long range bombs with consistency, defensive potential, etc.

#60 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

also, he's already ready for the NBA, prototypical size with great wingspan, and no character issues.
and he's the perfect complement to Kemba, who will finally have a shooter to pass to when he drives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users