Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

267 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

But...but...Hankins. I know we'll go with him since every f*cking mock draft has us taking Floyd, Hankins, or Richardson. If we do take a WR at #14, I want Patterson.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1360727174' post='2133608']

There is not one in this draft.
[/quote]Allen is, CP could be, Woods will be.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Haven't looked over this years draft class, but just from mild observations, this seems like a weak receiver class.

Sounds like any impact received will come in form of a free agent. So I wouldn't get your hopes up getting a number 1 wr this year.

Posted · Report post

Barring a terrible combine, if any receiver is available at 14 we will be selecting Allen

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pantherclaw' timestamp='1360729783' post='2133645']
Haven't looked over this years draft class, but just from mild observations, this seems like a weak receiver class.

Sounds like any impact received will come in form of a free agent. So I wouldn't get your hopes up getting a number 1 wr this year.
[/quote]

Thank you Mr. Claw. Some people want a wr so bad that they are willing to pump up players with a lot of ? to get one.

Posted · Report post

I'm all for getting Cam Weapons but how about protecting him first. He was sacked so much this year that he didn't have much time to throw the ball.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swaggasaurus' timestamp='1360729249' post='2133639']
Allen is, CP could be, Woods will be.
[/quote]

That's a lot of cyrstal ball thinking you're doing there.

Posted · Report post

Allen plays the game like a man. We need that type of receiver

Posted · Report post

if we manage to fill some offensive line holes in free agency to the point where drafting one in the first isn't an absolute imperative, i'd be ok with WR.

Posted · Report post

To me, this class looks incredibly weak for 1st round caliber WRs, but probably the best I've ever seen at 2nd round WRs. My (realistic) dream scenario is Hankins in the 1st and Hunter in the 2nd. But I'd be happy with Patterson, Rogers, Hopkins, or maybe Austin or Woods the 2nd too.

[quote name='pantherclaw' timestamp='1360729783' post='2133645']

[/quote]

Posted · Report post

Patton in round 2 would be great. Patterson and Allen will be gone by then.

Posted · Report post

if bpa is a WR at #14 you have to take him.some people fail to realize that some of those sacks were coverage sacks bc WR could not get open or seperate from coverage. we also have a GM who comes from an organization that has took WR early and often even when they had decent threats on the outside. why every WR drafted in the 1st have to be AJ Green or Julio?if there was one of those guys in the draft than they will be gone long before 14.

there are several guys who could be #1 WRs in this draft. have the speed, hands, and route running ability to become #1s.