Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

267 posts in this topic

Posted

the guy in your sig was well worth what you guys gave up for him. our money is tight but hopefully Gettleman can bring in WR or he will draft one early.

If he stays healthy. He'll bring in a WR. His history shows that he will.

Posted

yeah its no number 1 wr worth taking lol then when a guy from the later rounds like cruz becomes a star everyone will be mad. lol

you can tell some guys on here listen to scouts. just because it does not seem like there is not no 1 wr does not mean it is true....

Steve Smith wasn't a #1 per his draft....neither were many others.

There isn't a Megatron in every draft. You don't have to stay away bc there isn't a freak.

I still think the 2nd round is where we hope for a WR but the more I think of it that might be the best spot to ****** a good S prospect. Very good S class

1 person likes this

Posted

Steve Smith wasn't a #1 per his draft....neither were many others.

There isn't a Megatron in every draft. You don't have to stay away bc there isn't a freak.

I still think the 2nd round is where we hope for a WR but the more I think of it that might be the best spot to ****** a good S prospect. Very good S class

Very good defensive class in general. Outside of ILB.

Posted

From my perspective,There is more WR talent in the second than OL talent that can start day 1. At 14, you have to question Patterson's rawness and Allen's rather limited straight line speed. You do not, however, question Chance Warmack the same way.

In the second round, you should have players like Justin Hunter, Quinton Patton, DaRick Rogers, Robert Woods, Terrence Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, etc.

I see Allen, Patterson, and possibly Austin as the only first rounders, even though one or two of the names above will slip into the round.

the only shot you have at a OT worth taking at 14 is Lane Johnson, he's the only one that has a shot to make it that far

Posted

I am not against getting WR in the first round as long as he is polished enough to be worthy of a 1st Round pick. That would mean he is ready to START game 1. I don't want the best WR in this draft if he doesn't meet the criteria for a first round WR.

I don't care if he can run 4.1. I want to know he can catch in traffic, run a good route and produce starting game 1. If any WR is not polished enough to do this. He is not worthy of the first round pick.

We cannot waste our first pick on a player that is going to be ready in 2014 or 2015.

Posted

I am not against getting WR in the first round as long as he is polished enough to be worthy of a 1st Round pick. That would mean he is ready to START game 1. I don't want the best WR in this draft if he doesn't meet the criteria for a first round WR.

I don't care if he can run 4.1. I want to know he can catch in traffic, run a good route and produce starting game 1. If any WR is not polished enough to do this. He is not worthy of the first round pick.

We cannot waste our first pick on a player that is going to be ready in 2014 or 2015.

Keenan Allen can do all those things. Dont know why he is talked down so much.

Posted

not the same thing. we made fun of them because they traded up and gave up so much. we aren't talking about trading up, we're talking about taking one where we are in the first or second round.

and about us laughing at the falcons for giving up so much, how many games have they won the last couple years because of that passing game? oh yeah...

true true, but how many have we lost due to no push from our interior line?

Posted

If Allen or Patterson is there when we pick, I hope we pull the trigger.

Posted

Keenan Allen can do all those things. Dont know why he is talked down so much.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737096

Rated the #1 WR in this class...

His weaknesses worry me. Especially the knee injury. We already have Gettis. IMO I don't this this draft class has a First round worthy WR.

Posted

true true, but how many have we lost due to no push from our interior line?

we didn't win more last year because we didn't score enough. we didn't stay on the field long enough. we didn't extend enough drives. we didn't get to the red zone enough. we didn't get into the endzone enough. our WRs couldn't get open enough and they didn't catch enough and they couldn't do enough when they got their hands on the ball. the OL couldn't block enough because cam couldnt find open and reliable targets enough.

we need more weapons for cam. we do need more help on the OL but i think we need more help at WR. the OL can't make the WRs become better targets. they shouldn't have to block for 5 seconds because cam can't find a WR who can get open. with shula at OC we're gonna have to be able to have more guys who can make big plays.

and does anyone think we can actually count on smitty staying active all season? we are on borrowed time with him. what's that WR corps going to look like without him? i can't imagine anyone but the most blind homers thinking that we'd be ok without him.

Posted

From my very limited understanding it seems like 14 is too high to take a WR this year, although I do agree it is an issue that deserves attention

Posted

That's a lot of cyrstal ball thinking you're doing there.

lol this is coming from the guy who says, undoubtably, there's no #1 WR talent in the draft.

Remember if there's not Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, or Michael Floyd (reminder koolkatluke said that Michael Floyd would be the first WR in this draft, despite the fact that he had a late 1st round grade most of last year.) then don't draft a WR. Ever.