Photo
- - - - -

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#181 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

I didn't read all 12 pages but the logic that we have to draft a wide receiver or pick one up because we under performed last year is not borne out by the numbers. We may have scored 19 TDs passing all year, but we scored 13 of those in the last 8 games when we changed offensive philosophies using the same receivers we had all year. And that includes the last 2 games where we only scored 1 passing TD because we ran the ball in the redzone. It isn't that we didn't have the receivers so much as we wasted a lot of time on the read option and telegraphed our intentions tipping off the defense most of the time.

I am fine with picking a receiver high in the draft but I also believe the guys we have could have been more productive last year and should be this year It was the offensive scheme not the receivers that held back Cam and the offense.

12 pages and you finally show up 55? But yes I total agree. It's like people forgot we had a top 5 scoring offense when the oline played well and Chud didn't have his head up his ass. Just seem like everybody want to blame the WR for a flawed scheme.

#182 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,549 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

which QB was?

listen, i know this is a huge deal to you and something that you are deeply passionate about, but you know you've got nothing but your opinion going for you. i can't prove anything which doesn't bother me. i don't agree with your opinion, but I'm also not going to continue with your pissing match crusade to prove that there is no WR worth that pick or that patterson isn't all that good.

there's a saying that goes "you can't out-puke a buzzard" and thats the mindset I'm using with you. i honestly don't care about this as much as you. don't take that to mean you know more than me or I'm surrendering to your superior intellect (which i have no doubt you will anyway and that doesn't bother me). I'm going to keep on laughing at your crusade and your narrow-mindedness, but I'm not really going to try and out puke you. i may point and laugh and i might jab you with a stick about drafting a WR early just for poo and giggles, but dont expect much effort in responding to you about this because i know that regardless of what anyone says, you aren't open to any ideas different than yours and thus just aren't worth the effort.

#183 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

which QB was?

listen, i know this is a huge deal to you and something that you are deeply passionate about, but you know you've got nothing but your opinion going for you. i can't prove anything which doesn't bother me. i don't agree with your opinion, but I'm also not going to continue with your pissing match crusade to prove that there is no WR worth that pick or that patterson isn't all that good.

there's a saying that goes "you can't out-puke a buzzard" and thats the mindset I'm using with you. i honestly don't care about this as much as you. don't take that to mean you know more than me or I'm surrendering to your superior intellect (which i have no doubt you will anyway and that doesn't bother me). I'm going to keep on laughing at your crusade and your narrow-mindedness, but I'm not really going to try and out puke you. i may point and laugh and i might jab you with a stick about drafting a WR early just for poo and giggles, but dont expect much effort in responding to you about this because i know that regardless of what anyone says, you aren't open to any ideas different than yours and thus just aren't worth the effort.

I stop reading when it was clear you weren't going to answer the question "again" . So all this Bull poo you typed was just as big of a waste as drafting a WR like Patterson at number 14.

#184 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,549 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

lol

#185 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,549 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

"@evansilva: I expect Cordarrelle Patterson to be drafted in single digits & make immediate impact. #Browns (6) #Bills (8) #Jets (9) all fits in top 10."

#186 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

"@evansilva: I expect Cordarrelle Patterson to be drafted in single digits & make immediate impact. #Browns (6) #Bills (8) #Jets (9) all fits in top 10."

And Mel kiper thought Jimmy Clause was the most pro ready QB in the draft.

Still notice you're Dodging the question like Barry Sanders good for you.

#187 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,549 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

prove he's wrong.

#188 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,549 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

oh, and dodging....not wasting my time...whatever. i already said i couldn't. doesnt mean it cant happen. doesnt mean I'm wrong. doesnt mean jack.

keep on hanging your hat on that, tho. I'll keep laughing at you caring that much.

#189 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

prove he's wrong.

Maybe you can ask Silva. What WR who was this Raw this unpolished with these stats and this level of college experience was picked in the top 20?

#190 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,147 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

think jimmy graham(saints tight end) only played one year of college.....drafted in the third round though......

#191 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

oh, and dodging....not wasting my time...whatever. i already said i couldn't. doesnt mean it cant happen. doesnt mean I'm wrong. doesnt mean jack.

keep on hanging your hat on that, tho. I'll keep laughing at you caring that much.

So if it hasn't happen in the 30 to 40 or 50 something years of the draft. What makes you think it's a good idea?

#192 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

think jimmy graham(saints tight end) only played one year of college.....drafted in the third round though......

And again I would be jumping for joy if we could get Patterson in the 3rd round.

#193 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,549 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

So if it hasn't happen in the 30 to 40 or 50 something years of the draft. What makes you think it's a good idea?

prove it wont work. prove it isn't a good idea.

#194 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,549 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

where should he have been drafted?

should some team have taken a shot on him early?

just for arguments sake.

#195 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

And again I would be jumping for joy if we could get Patterson in the 3rd round.

So seriously are you like going to be on suicide watch when we draft Patterson?

I have never seen someone so against drafting a position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com