Photo
- - - - -

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#196 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,381 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

IMO Patterson is ahead of Demaryius Thomas of the Broncos Raw and better than Stephen Hill Raw. He is between Julio Jones and Demaryuis Thomas and DTs development was curtailed by an ACL injury.

Is he gong to be AJ Green ..no which is why I wanted him No.1 overall when he came out..but will he get to Julio Jones Bowe level? quite possibly and he has ELITE physical skill..
He is not Dewaye Jarrett who had a limited upside and maxed out his Sophmore Year of College.

I do understand however any apprehension over a high quality OL....but if its between DT and WR..I go with the point scorer.

#197 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

prove it wont work. prove it isn't a good idea.

I don't have to in 50 something years of drafting teams haven't done it for a reason. That's my proof.

#198 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

So seriously are you like going to be on suicide watch when we draft Patterson?

I have never seen someone so against drafting a position.

Hey numnuts I actually posted a video of a WR I think is better and has all the criteria I looking for in a WR prospect. So i'm not against drafting a WR in The 2nd round. Where the talent fits the draft position.

#199 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

So seriously are you like going to be on suicide watch when we draft Patterson?

I have never seen someone so against drafting a position.

its hilarious.

#200 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,349 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

From everything I have read/heard about Patterson is that he is one of the most coachable players in this draft. Incredibly hard working, smart, gifted athlete. The dude is an absolute freak. I'm sorry I would take him at 14 in a heartbeat. I would be fine with waiting a year or two for him to get to that level. But on the otherhand, if a top OT is on the boards, you snag him. There will be more wide recievers to draft in the second who can still make a big impact.

#201 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Here we go Cam is the example you come up with.

Dude i've ask you this before ( which you've avoided the question) but can I get 1 or 2 "WR" as the example of this? Since we are talking about WR can I get a Wr as the example. What WR this raw this unpolished with this little of college production and experience was a top 20 pick?

Find me a QB with less than 300 passing attempts and one year of starting and coming out of a gimmicky spread offense coming out of college and being drafted 1st overall.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

#202 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,981 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

The bottom line is that in the draft, its about the talent/individual fitting the team.

So no matter what position they happen to be, our FO will determine who they see fit to best help this team and it could very well be Patterson, Banks, Trufant, Rhodes, Lane Johnson, Warmack, Allen, J. Williams, Vacarro, Richardson, heck even DeAndre Hopkins. I don't see the need to close out the idea concerning a position in particular just because of trends and what I deem a value pick.

#203 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Find me a QB with less than 300 passing attempts and one year of starting and coming out of a gimmicky spread offense coming out of college and being drafted 1st overall.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Again 2 total different position but i can get closer then you actually taking a shot and answering my question.

Alex Smith came from a gimmick offense.
Ryan Tannihill was the 8th pick and spent most of his college career at the WR position.
Sam Bradford was hurt most of his senior year and didn't attempt 100 passes the year he was drafted. I will have to get to my desk top to look up more.

So now you take a shot.

#204 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Again 2 total different position but i can get closer then you actually taking a shot and answering my question.

Alex Smith came from a gimmick offense.
Ryan Tannihill was the 8th pick and spent most of his college career at the WR position.
Sam Bradford was hurt most of his senior year and didn't attempt 100 passes the year he was drafted. I will have to get to my desk top to look up more.

So now you take a shot.

Had more than 300 attempts.
Not 1st overall, had more than 300 attempts.

Plus all of them started or played more than a years worth of games.

Try again bud.

(Though you are still missing the entirety of my point of just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it won't happen and that talent, potential and athleticism sometimes trump a resume of what you did in college.)

#205 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

again most of us here are saying draft BPA, but if that is a WR he will surely be taken at 14. this team needs to bring more weapons in and Gettleman has made this known.sorry if you do not want to accept this.

#206 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

From everything I have read/heard about Patterson is that he is one of the most coachable players in this draft. Incredibly hard working, smart, gifted athlete. The dude is an absolute freak. I'm sorry I would take him at 14 in a heartbeat. I would be fine with waiting a year or two for him to get to that level. But on the otherhand, if a top OT is on the boards, you snag him. There will be more wide recievers to draft in the second who can still make a big impact.

agreed and i wouldn't limit it to OT. I'd throw DT, OG, FS, & CB in there as well. i would take those other positions only if they could hit the ground running, but I'd have no problem having a double standard with patterson in understanding that it might take a little longer, but that's because of his ceiling being so high. he's a swing for the fences type pick.

#207 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

again most of us here are saying draft BPA, but if that is a WR he will surely be taken at 14. this team needs to bring more weapons in and Gettleman has made this known.sorry if you do not want to accept this.

yep.

#208 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Not 1st overall, had more than 300 attempts.

Plus all of them started or played more than a years worth of games.

Try again bud.

(Though you are still missing the entirety of my point of just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it won't happen and that talent, potential and athleticism sometimes trump a resume of what you did in college.)

How about you try and put up some WR? I did what you ask and you have yet to even try. Play the game fair or don't play at all.

Plus to the point you're trying to make thru the history of the league more teams have been willing to reach and take a gamble on QB's. Not to much on Wr (which is why you can't come up with a WR example). Cam, Tanniehill last year and some team will reach this year in a weak QB draft.

#209 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

BOB HAYES is interesting.......

they say he played halfback in highschool....went to florida A&M but I cant find any stats of him playing college football.........

seems like he went straight from the olympics to the nfl as a wide reciever.

#210 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

How about you try and put up some WR? I did what you ask and you have yet to even try. Play the game fair or don't play at all.

Plus to the point you're trying to make thru the history of the league more teams have been willing to reach and take a gamble on QB's. Not to much on Wr (which is why you can't come up with a WR example). Cam, Tanniehill last year and some team will reach this year in a weak QB draft.

You DIDN'T do what I asked, I asked for QB, with under 300 passing attempts, starting for only one year coming from a gimmicky offense being drafted 1st overall.

You can't come up with one because, besides Cam, there isn't one.

It'd be different if only the huddle we're saying Patterson is a top 15 pick but actual draftniks and scouts are saying this kid is a physical freak,

Some players get drafted on potential alone, it's not that hard to understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com