Photo
- - - - -

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
266 replies to this topic

#265 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

To many good WR's in this draft to waste a first rounder on one. Fix the OL and DL in teh first and grab a good WR in the 2nd. Or better yet trade back in the first to a late round pick and get a possble extra 2nd round pick.

#266 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

It's not about strength, it's your technique getting off the line. It's hard to jam S.S at the scrimmage, not cause he's strong but he knows how to manuever along with being extremely quick and shifty. It's something to work on and get better, but it'll take about 2 years

Different WR's use different ways to beat the Jam. Smith can use speed and agility Boldin use his power to knock guys off. But I agree it will take Patterson a year to learn how to beat Jams and press coverage. Then how to run all the routes of the route tree. Then it will take him time to learn the playbook and how to be a pro and do this as a job. So I agree I think he is a project and we will hve to wait for his impact.

#267 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

Yeah of course. Just say you don't want to do it and move on.

i will say this and move on, i have no problems with Hunter in the 2nd round either if we decide to go in a different direction in the 1st round. as long as WR is addressed this offseason i would feelgood about the direction this team is heading. and im not talking about some scrub fa signing either, really addressed.