Photo
- - - - -

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#231 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131085/cordarrelle-patterson

Again I'm seeing a whole lot about speed and size (which nobody is saying he's not a freak of a athlete) but I'm not seeing anything about his route running and pass catching ability from these guys when they watch his tapes.

I will put a sig bet to any if you.

That not only will his teammate Justin Hunter have more impact earlier but will be the better player over their careers.

Who will take the bet?

#232 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

did you not read silva's article?

#233 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

actually i think hunter was viewed as the lead wr for the vols its just that he got hurt real bad and people came off of him a lot.

like i said before he reminded people of moss with the way he was BUILT(tall&slim) and how he could be deep threat.

#234 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

How can anyone downgrade Patterson for playing juco before transferring when the 2 best offensive players in Panthers history did the same??

Smitty at Santa Monica and Cam at Blynn for those who are not aware or forgot.

But those guys were born on earth, Cam is from Krypton!

#235 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

actually i think hunter was viewed as the lead wr for the vols its just that he got hurt real bad and people came off of him a lot.

like i said before he reminded people of moss with the way he was BUILT(tall&slim) and how he could be deep threat.

I like the fact he is willing to go over the middle and make catches in traffic. Plus his long 6'4 frame is a mismatch for 6'0 feet and under DB's.

73 rec. 1083 yards and 9 td coming off a ACL is impressive to say the least.

#236 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42536/321/patterson-the-playmaker

Yes please.

from the article re: route running.

I think I read somewhere that Patterson is a poor route runner. Could've fooled me. He ran a full route tree in Tennessee's pro-style offense, executing the curl, hitch, skinny post, slant, back-shoulder fade, and deep-in as an X receiver, and the out-and-up and shallow cross from the slot. Just once did I see Patterson seem to blow a route; versus Vanderbilt. I couldn't tell if the miscommunication was on him or Tyler Bray. Patterson shot in and out of breaks. He used a crossover to evade press coverage off the line of scrimmage. His body control was fantastic both along the sideline and in the open field.

#237 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

this is for you KKL

Justin Hunter was supposed to be the Volunteers' top draft prospect as the 2012 season got underway. His running mate out wide would have something to say about that. During a one-year stay at Tennessee after transferring from a Kansas community college, 21-year-old true junior Cordarrelle Patterson emerged as the Vols' premier all-purpose weapon. Patterson found four different ways to score touchdowns and averaged an 18.8-yard gain every time he handled the rock.

I think I read somewhere that Patterson is a poor route runner. Could've fooled me. He ran a full route tree in Tennessee's pro-style offense, executing the curl, hitch, skinny post, slant, back-shoulder fade, and deep-in as an X receiver, and the out-and-up and shallow cross from the slot. Just once did I see Patterson seem to blow a route; versus Vanderbilt. I couldn't tell if the miscommunication was on him or Tyler Bray. Patterson shot in and out of breaks. He used a crossover to evade press coverage off the line of scrimmage. His body control was fantastic both along the sideline and in the open field.

I have a feeling the biggest "concern" with Patterson will be intangible. He played at JUCO. He might not be great in the classroom. Fortunately, he looks plenty smart on the football field.

Patterson also didn't have great receiving stats. He was the No. 2 option in Tennessee's passing game, behind more experienced Hunter. Patterson finished his junior season with a relatively pedestrian 46 catches for 778 yards and five TDs. Box-score scouts figure to hold this against him, dismissing Patterson's 12.3 yards-per-carry average and team-high ten all-purpose scores.

Patterson's game tape is nothing short of sensational, and as explained above he dominated games in the SEC even while taking a receiving backseat to Hunter. Watch Patterson work the slant and fade versus Florida. He lit up Missouri and Mississippi State with game-breaking all-purpose plays. Patterson broke off a 45-yard kickoff return against Alabama. On a reverse, Patterson made swiss cheese of the middle of Georgia's defense on a 46-yard end-zone trip.

Based on what I read about Patterson before watching the tape, I expected a raw, unpolished, mistake-prone receiver. A talented project. I did see big-time talent, but I didn't see many mistakes at all.

If Cordarrelle Patterson is a boom-or-bust pick in April's draft, write me down as predicting a smashing boom.

Sensible NFL Team Fits: Bills, Jets, Browns, Chargers, Dolphins, Panthers.

rayzor just beat me to it.lmao.
http://www.rotoworld...n-the-playmaker

#238 panther4life

panther4life

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Also for those wanting to compare Patterson and Hunter read this article. This is straight from a writer who covers Tennessee.

http://www.govolsxtr...son-will-leave/

#239 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

from the article re: route running.

I don't care or respect Silva anyway so..........

#240 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

this is for you KKL

rayzor just beat me to it.lmao.
http://www.rotoworld...n-the-playmaker

Put your sig up or shut up. Hunter will be the better player faster and over their Career's then Patterson. I'm willing to bet are you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users