Photo
- - - - -

Touchdown Scorer's(case for going WR early in draft).

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#91 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Most were way more talented then the WR's option in this draft. I also like how you bring up the Wr but not the situation. Most of those Wr came in as the number 1 or 2 option in their teams passing game. Here if they beat out Lafell (which some of you are real stupid in thinking that's a easy thing) for the 2nd spot. They still we be the 3rd to 4th option in the passing game.

Based on...? Like you keep saying "SHOW ME PROOF" but

what makes those WRs I listed way more talented coming out as these WRs coming out? Please, explain.

And even if a WR was the 3rd option behind Smith and Olsen uh

so was Julio Jones, behind Roddy White and Tony Gonzales. And the Falcons gave up way more than we'd give up for a WR.

Also Brandon LaFell is not a Solid number 2 WR, he'd be an excellent 3rd WR because e's fearless over the midddle but

He's been abused by faster and more physical corners but you refuse to acknowledge tat you just cover your ears and say "NOPE ALL CHUDS AND THE O-LINES FAULT WHAT'S THAT HE HAS GAMES WHERE HE HAD FEW TO NO CATCHES THE PAST TWO SEASONS WELL IT'S ALL CHUD AND THE OLINES FAULT."

#92 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Could you show how many times each were targeted or bring up the fact that one is the number 1 wr option and the other is the 3rd or 4th option. Maybe use the situation both were in when making your stupid points.

Did you ever stop to think why Brandon LaFell is considered the 3rd or 4th target over a HB/FB and a TE?

#93 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

How can anyone say offensive line is a bigger need?

Our o-line is going to improve by default. Having Kalil back alone will make everyone else on the line better. Amini should improve or at least be given the chance to. Gross is still an above average LT. Bell is coming into a make or break year, let's not forget he was an undrafted rookie thrust into the RT spot because of Otah being Otah.

So really the biggest need(s) on the o-line for the immediate future is on the right side and nobody uses a top 15 pick on a RG or RT unless they are a stacked team who just happens to have earned that pick in a trade or suffered injuries the previous year to make them selecting that high.

I could jusitfy/be much more satisfied with going DT if there's not a receiver graded high enough by the front office to be the pick at 14. The last article I read on panthers.com about Dwan would lead me to believe he'll be back next year. Now that leaves a hole next to him as Fua aint going to cut it and Ron Edwards is most likely going to be a cap casualty. So if we could find a big space eating DT to take on double teams, stuff the run and free up Keuchly and crew I'd certainly be ok with it. One of the main reasons I rank WR as a higher priority is I beleive we can find an affordable DT to be a temporary solution for now in free agency

Next up would be FS. Nakumara is gone and Marting is not trustworthy enough to be the guy their. We do however have a young guy who showed some promise in D.J. Campbell here and theres some good options here in free agency as well.

CB is the next biggest need imo, mostly because I assume Gamble will be a cap casualty. I do like the potential of Josh Norman and Josh Thomas. Also looks like Captain will probably be back as our nickel. Can they be 100% trusted? No way but Corner's are a position you can seemingly find later in the draft or cheaper in free agency than you can a # 1 receiver.

Bottom line is that even with Smith,Olsen and Lafell already on the roster we are not good enough at scoring TD's in the pass game and it's not because of our QB. Adding a mid level talent like Louis Murphy was not sufficient either. If we can get a number 1 caliber receiver in this draft we need to it.

The simplest math in determing a football game's outcome is who can score the most points and limit their opponent from scoring points. There is 4 area's to examine to help you see where you need the most help.

Offensively
Passing TD's we ranked 24th here= major problem
Rushing TD's we ranked 3rd here= Major strength

Defensively
Passing TD'S allowed we ranked 19th here=needs improvement
Rushing TD's allowed= we ranked 12th here=could use improvement

So While on the face of it, using that methodology it would seem secondary is our 2nd biggest need behind receiver but I have it ranked 3rd behind DT because of Dwans age even if he is back and Ron likely being cut. Meanwhile we have some young up and comers in the secondary. Are those guys ever going to amount to long term solutions? Well only time will tell but anyone outside of a first round pick generally requires more time to develop.

#94 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Based on...? Like you keep saying "SHOW ME PROOF" but

what makes those WRs I listed way more talented coming out as these WRs coming out? Please, explain.

And even if a WR was the 3rd option behind Smith and Olsen uh

so was Julio Jones, behind Roddy White and Tony Gonzales. And the Falcons gave up way more than we'd give up for a WR.

Also Brandon LaFell is not a Solid number 2 WR, he'd be an excellent 3rd WR because e's fearless over the midddle but

He's been abused by faster and more physical corners but you refuse to acknowledge tat you just cover your ears and say "NOPE ALL CHUDS AND THE O-LINES FAULT WHAT'S THAT HE HAS GAMES WHERE HE HAD FEW TO NO CATCHES THE PAST TWO SEASONS WELL IT'S ALL CHUD AND THE OLINES FAULT."

1. Based on scouting rating college production when coming out and performing while in the pros. You can look all this up yourself and get a better understanding. Also you might have notice that most of those guys weren't top 15 picks.

2. Then it's a wasted pick using a top 15 pick on a 3rd option. If he is pick that high he should be day one challenging Smith for targets.

3. That's your opinion I feel lafell has shown he is a good number 2. Special with the offense we have ran since he's been here. If you would do the dam research you would see he ranks 1 or 2 with all the #2 wr who play in a zone read system.

4. Show the proof of him getting dominated by all these Cb. I can show film of the oline getting dominated and Chud dumb play call I can even link video of players questioning his play calls.

#95 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

so uninformed lol

hilton was a 3rd round pick. which makes it even worse lol. he in the same round as lafell and way better. he had a 17.2 avg...NOW THATS A DEEP THREAT.

many first rounders have came out and outperformed him like the other dude said.

smith getting hurt is a stupid point?? lol that man is old and probably will retire soon. lol

reggie wayne had over 100 catches and over a 1000 yards. he(hilton) was not the first option.

u fail again . stop following me around with your stupid comments. even players on TEAM say they need wr.

you are a laFAIL nuthugger, keep on sucking him off buddy lol

like i said hes the 3rd option because he a 3rd grade wr. hes not a 2nd or a first. it has nothing to do with the offense. lafell is avg.

are you his cousin??? lol :lolu:

#96 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

EXACTLY.....anyone below a top 10 is most likely going to have a learning curve and be ineffective the first year.

Lets put it this way. If he doesn't start. We wasted a pick.

not true, every rookie will have some sort of learning curve and can still be effective his first year.(ex. #1) if you take a WR early good chance he competes for a starting spot.

#97 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

How can anyone say offensive line is a bigger need?

Our o-line is going to improve by default. Having Kalil back alone will make everyone else on the line better. Amini should improve or at least be given the chance to. Gross is still an above average LT. Bell is coming into a make or break year, let's not forget he was an undrafted rookie thrust into the RT spot because of Otah being Otah.

So really the biggest need(s) on the o-line for the immediate future is on the right side and nobody uses a top 15 pick on a RG or RT unless they are a stacked team who just happens to have earned that pick in a trade or suffered injuries the previous year to make them selecting that high.

Did you not see how horrid the OL was last season? Even with Kalil early on it was bad.

You can never assume that it will improve by "default". Nothing ever does in the NFL. The OL was considered a prized strength of the Panthers before the start of the season last year and it turned out to be far from it.

The WR class this year is bottom heavy...good solid talent in the later rounds but not so much in the 1st. The same can't be said for OL which is fairly top heavy. Might as well take advantage of the oppurtunity to grab a great OG (yes, Warmack is considered to be a mid 1st round pick so he's not a reach) or another solid OL. DT and secondary would also be better than WR in the 1st.

Yes, LaFell sucks ass. But with this deep draft class, it should be fairly easy to replace him later in the draft. Or...go fishing in FA.

#98 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

and the only reason why TY went in the 3rd was because he had durability issues and a small frame.

#99 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

so uninformed lol

hilton was a 3rd round pick. which makes it even worse lol. he in the same round as lafell and way better. he had a 17.2 avg...NOW THATS A DEEP THREAT.

many first rounders have came out and outperformed him like the other dude said.

smith getting hurt is a stupid point?? lol that man is old and probably will retire soon. lol

reggie wayne had over 100 catches and over a 1000 yards. he(hilton) was not the first option.

u fail again . stop following me around with your stupid comments. even players on TEAM say they need wr.

you are a laFAIL nuthugger, keep on sucking him off buddy lol

like i said hes the 3rd option because he a 3rd grade wr. hes not a 2nd or a first. it has nothing to do with the offense. lafell is avg.

are you his cousin??? lol :lolu:

1. I see you haven't showed how many times each were targeted. 2 different offense and 1 Qb threw it 100 more times then the other. You don't think that could be a factor?

2. And many 3rd year player have outperformed 1st round rookies. Example Colston outperformed Robert Mecham.
You see how I show examples of points I make. Maybe you can try and do that?

3. Your stupid to think any Wr in this draft can replace the lost of Steve Smith if he gets injured.
If we draft a 1st round wr this year and we lost Smith for the season we would still be in a fuged!!

4. I forgot about Wayne but it doesn't change the fact they run a different offense nd their QB threw it 600+ times. So most people with intelligence could recognize that maybe 1 wr had more opportunities then the other. Which could make him have better numbers.

5. Dude name calling because I don't agree with
your opinion. Grow up seriously.

#100 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

not true, every rookie will have some sort of learning curve and can still be effective his first year.(ex. #1) if you take a WR early good chance he competes for a starting spot.

No it shouldn't be a good chance he will compete. It should be expected that he is a starter from day 1

#101 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

oh lawd this kid lol

no one will replace smith DUHH lol

just like rodgers wont replace favre...but you got someone in that position who can still have success. lol

#102 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

No it shouldn't be a good chance he will compete. It should be expected that he is a starter from day 1

well in today's NFL the #3 WR is a starter.the new WR will be top 3 on the depth chart with this group of WRs.

#103 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

lol hilton had 80 targets

lafell had 75.

lol :lolu:

#104 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Did you not see how horrid the OL was last season? Even with Kalil early on it was bad.

You can never assume that it will improve by "default". Nothing ever does in the NFL. The OL was considered a prized strength of the Panthers before the start of the season last year and it turned out to be far from it.

The WR class this year is bottom heavy...good solid talent in the later rounds but not so much in the 1st. The same can't be said for OL which is fairly top heavy. Might as well take advantage of the oppurtunity to grab a great OG (yes, Warmack is considered to be a mid 1st round pick so he's not a reach) or another solid OL. DT and secondary would also be better than WR in the 1st.

Yes, LaFell sucks ass. But with this deep draft class, it should be fairly easy to replace him later in the draft. Or...go fishing in FA.

I agree with most of what you're saying but 2 things.

1. Unless it's a OT I wouldn't use a top 15 pick on a OG for 3 reason.
Most teams don't do it. Decastro last year was 1 of highest rated guards in years and didn't get picked until the 20'.
We need a vet to go beside Bell or we fall into the same poo that happen this year. Our oline trying to make up for 2 young inexperienced players. We need to spend some money and bring a player in who's better then piggy and help develop Bell because I think he could still be a good RT if he has a better RG lined up beside him.
Last the better guards in the league were late round picks. Example Nicks (4th) Evans (5th) picks in their draft.

2. Lafell doesn't suck it's the offense he's in. Compare his numbers to other #2 read option #2 wr and you will see.

#105 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

oh lawd this kid lol

no one will replace smith DUHH lol

just like rodgers wont replace favre...but you got someone in that position who can still have success. lol

Did rogers replace Farve his rookie year or 3 years later?

What a dumb ass anology .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.