32 replies to this topic

#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Teacher had a gun in his car for a long time, but when school found out, has him arrested. Hmmmm.

Bass ackwards to me.

http://www.nbcsandie...-190790511.html

#2 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

No guns on campus usually means no guns on campus

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

If that is the rule, then he should consider himself lucky that he didn't get caught before. Rules are rules, don't want to follow them, don't work there.

The article mentions that he told the students he had the gun to protect them. I am fairly certain that if someone is shooting in the school, a gun in the car isn't much use.

#4 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

"Students go hide in the closet! There are gunshots popping off down the hallway! Wait here while I go get my pistol out of the faculty parking lot!"

#5 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,217 posts
  • LocationSC

If that is the rule, then he should consider himself lucky that he didn't get caught before. Rules are rules, don't want to follow them, don't work there.

The article mentions that he told the students he had the gun to protect them. I am fairly certain that if someone is shooting in the school, a gun in the car isn't much use.

Pretty much.

Gotta play by the rules or you get the consequences.

#6 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,022 posts

How does having one gun and a knife equate to an infatuation with guns?

Poor journalism.

Also... A locking knife is illegal? Is it because it was a school campus?

In NC, your vehicle is your personal property, regardless of where it is parked.

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hey everyone, duck and cover until I get back here with the gun I have stashed in my car

no, no, sweet child, of course I'm not going to get in my car and get as far away from the massacre as I can

#8 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

I don't think his gun was there to protect his students. More than likely it stayed there, in his vehicle, to protect himself if a situation arose in which he could utilize it.

#9 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Okay all you rule keeping, no common sense sheep.

If this guy had been working at Newtowne, with a gun in his car, and had the balls, could he have ran to his car and back into the school waaaaaaaay before the cops got there? Could he have saved a few kids from their fate?

His gun being kept in the car is probably the most prudent thing a teacher could do. What would all the well informed posters here say if he had been keeping the gun in the classroom? Guess you guys would have had a snide remark or two for that one also.

#10 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

We dont need any teachers with loaded guns in their cars.
Today, a decade ago or last year.

#11 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Heeeere we go...

If this guy had been working at Newtowne, with a gun in his car, and had the balls, could he have ran to his car and back into the school waaaaaaaay before the cops got there?

Possibly.

Could he have saved a few kids from their fate?

Maybe.

His gun being kept in the car is probably the most prudent thing a teacher could do. What would all the well informed posters here say if he had been keeping the gun in the classroom? Guess you guys would have had a snide remark or two for that one also.

Probably.

Now then, could he have missed some shots & killed a few more kids? Could he have seen Chris Manfredonia, thought he was the shooter & killed him?

#12 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

If this guy had been working at Newtowne, with a gun in his car, and had the balls, could he have ran to his car and back into the school waaaaaaaay before the cops got there? Could he have saved a few kids from their fate?

keep the internet tough guy gun nut erotic fan fiction coming and so will the snide remarks

#13 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

also 1.4 million guns were stolen through burglary/theft between 2005 and 2010 per the DOJ:

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj...detail&iid=4534

the odds are substantially higher that this guy's gun would have been stolen (probably by a student) than it would have ever helped stop a school shooting.

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Corporate policies all the time state that no guns are allowed on person or in vehicles on company property. The fact this is a school makes it interesting as it is public property with special protections (speed limits, etc)

#15 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

our kids will never be safe until i'm allowed to open carry down at the elementary school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com