Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNC vs #2 Duke

118 posts in this topic

Posted

Very disheartening hearing all these heels fans complain about fouls when they were in the double bonus with 6 minutes to go in the game and Duke didn't get into the bonus until a minute to go when unc had to foul to extend the game. Instead of complaining about fouls be proud of the way your team played and be glad Roy finally decided to start Hairston. It made a huge difference with the way the heels came out at the start of the game with PJ starting.

1 person likes this

Posted

Very disheartening hearing all these heels fans complain about fouls when they were in the double bonus with 6 minutes to go in the game and Duke didn't get into the bonus until a minute to go when unc had to foul to extend the game. Instead of complaining about fouls be proud of the way your team played and be glad Roy finally decided to start Hairston. It made a huge difference with the way the heels came out at the start of the game with PJ starting.

I agree... The main reason I complained about the refs (not only in this game) Plumlee gets away with and gets way too many calls. Did this decide the outcome of the game? No our FT line stat did. So I shouldn't have been b**ching about it

I love the fact that PJ Hairston started and that we actually came to play. We just need to improve at the line, McAdoo needs to stop being soft, and Paige needs to learn when to shoot and when to pass the ball. Even though I don't like Duke please destroy Miami so we don't have to hear from "he who shall not be spoken of" see you March 9th broseph

Posted

40 fouls called in the game. Brought to you by Karl Hess. At least the officiating was consistently terrible.

UNC and Duke fans complaining about officiating. The irony is more than I can handle.

Seriously though, until UNC/Duke acknowledge officiating in the ACC is a problem nothing is going to change.

Posted

Haha unc fans complaining about fouls and refs. How quickly everyone forgets about hansbabys favorite move.

Posted

I agree... The main reason I complained about the refs (not only in this game) Plumlee gets away with and gets way too many calls. Did this decide the outcome of the game? No our FT line stat did. So I shouldn't have been b**ching about it

I love the fact that PJ Hairston started and that we actually came to play. We just need to improve at the line, McAdoo needs to stop being soft, and Paige needs to learn when to shoot and when to pass the ball. Even though I don't like Duke please destroy Miami so we don't have to hear from "he who shall not be spoken of" see you March 9th broseph

Your boys played a good game and I can't wait for the next one.

1 person likes this

Posted

God dammit. F*ck Duke, f*ck the refs almost as much.

1 person likes this

Posted

Have more respect for Coach K for stopping that court rushing on a mediocre team

Watch the replay of the end of the game(if you have it recorded like I do), you don't see fans crowding the corners in anticipation for rushing the court during that whole clock fiasco. I think a couple of people might have run onto the court, but what Coach K was signalling for was for all the camera guys, cheerleaders, equip managers etc to get off the court because he was not clear as to wether or not the game had officially ended. Do you really think, if a wave of people were crashing down on the court from all 4 corners, ALL of them would immeadiatly notice Coach K putting his hands up and telling them to go back?

http://www.businessinsider.com/video-mike-krzyzewski-stops-duke-students-from-rushing-court-2013-2

Watch the video, you see Coach K put his hands up, then they show a shot of the court, all you see on the court is the security personnel in yellow, cameramen, the teams and a few random other people.

Posted

BYq21.gif

Listening to Carolina fans complain about the refs...

Mmmm yes, those delicious tears.

1 person likes this

Posted

So you didnt have a problem with the million fouls? And i dont count the last 8 bc those were intentional

I think there were definitely calls that went Duke's way, but I expect that on the road, especially at a place like Cameron. Home cooking is a way of life in CBB.

Even if you do not count the last eight, it was not close to "about twenty."

Posted

Carolina could have easily won this game.

Duke is in trouble in March.

Posted

Carolina could have easily won this game.

Duke is in trouble in March.

Same thing was said in 2010.

Posted

Can you link something validating that claim BCD?

Didn't think so.

Duke just isn't that good. Highly over rated. Deal with it.