73 replies to this topic

#61 CamJordan420

CamJordan420

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

The weed be letting you know huh? Where was he better from this year? The Ice tub?

Who do you think will be better this year?

#62 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

...not sure of the significance of this move but if its Gettys big splash we're faked... i'm relying on the fact that he reminds me of Columbo and Columbo always gets his man...

#63 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Impossible to say til we see where Dwill goes. If it's a team like Denver or even Indy then I think he will have the better year. He won't have Cam and Tolbert taking goalline Td's from him like Stew will and if you put him on a team where he gets 20 carries a game he is breaking alot of big runs. Now if he goes to the Jets or Cardinals all bets are off.

#64 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Seems like some shitty cap work to me. 50k savings per season? That's nothing in NFL money.

#65 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Seems like some shitty cap work to me. 50k savings per season? That's nothing in NFL money.

... times 4 seasons = $200,000.

But cap goes UP $215,000 THIS year.

And he's already cashed that $285,00 SB money instead of waiting for the 17 weekly checks over the 2013 season.

#66 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Kind of heralds in the coming big moves.

I am guessing the area of our roster that bothers Gettlemen the most is the $$ we spend on RB. It seemed the Giants found them under couch cushions while Hurney was drafting them in the first round and paying them $17K per yard gained.

I would not be surprised to see Stewart gone too by 2014.

#67 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Then why did they guarantee more of his 2014 and 2015 money?

#68 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

"By converting option bonus money into guaranteed base salary, the Panthers demonstrated more evidence that they plan to stick with the younger Stewart and cast further doubt on franchise rushing leader DeAngelo Williams' future with the team."

http://ca.sports.yah...11883--nfl.html

#69 CamJordan420

CamJordan420

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Impossible to say til we see where Dwill goes. If it's a team like Denver or even Indy then I think he will have the better year. He won't have Cam and Tolbert taking goalline Td's from him like Stew will and if you put him on a team where he gets 20 carries a game he is breaking alot of big runs. Now if he goes to the Jets or Cardinals all bets are off.

Sorry, I get high.

#70 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Sorry, I get high.

Screw that, why? I disagreed with you but i was laughing at your post.

#71 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Then why did they guarantee more of his 2014 and 2015 money?

l
I dont think we understand why this was done, but the increase in $$ was not significant. If Stewart has another 400 yard season, I am guessing Gettlemen does not cut his ties.

The Giants did not pay too many RBs second contracts. Gettlemen did not make this deal, so he is stuck with it.

#72 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

"By converting option bonus money into guaranteed base salary, the Panthers demonstrated more evidence that they plan to stick with the younger Stewart and cast further doubt on franchise rushing leader DeAngelo Williams' future with the team."

This means nothing if he can't play. If he can't stay on the field when playing part time, I do not understand the optimism that he will be a stud with an increased workload. He has been here for about 4 years and has been healthy for one.

Hurney was an idiot.

Just because Gettlemen has to choose between two mistakes (contractually), does not exactly suggest a ringing endorsement. He will have to earn his pay from now on.

#73 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Forget the contract-Gettlemen is just adjusting it in the event Stew tears the league up next year. However, he has been healthy for about 12 games and has been inconsistent. He is not a starting back, so becoming the feature back is probalby going to lead to more injury.

Gettlemen was part of the Giants' system for years. They do not have any RBs on a second contract. Gettlemen will get out of this deal if Stew has another 300 yard season. Gettlemen is not committing to Stew, Marty did.

#74 CamJordan420

CamJordan420

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Screw that, why? I disagreed with you but i was laughing at your post.

I'm legibly high right now and then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.