182 replies to this topic

#131 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

I would take either because both are number 1 wr.my question is which would be available at 14? And Allen will run 4.5 at the combine if he runs and produce 61 catches while missing 3 games.and he had 98 catches as a sophomore.

#132 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

I would take either because both are number 1 wr.my question is which would be available at 14?

That's not saying much because you would take Stephen Hill. But way to ride the fence Dacity.

#133 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Did he tear his ACL on being hit or a freak accident? But the fact coming off a ACL he was able to run the same speed as K Allen and produce 73 rec. 1083 yards and 10 td. IMO that is a freak athlete.

I call it versatility to. But he will be ask to run more routes and catch more balls then to run reverse plays and take hand offs. So I'd rather get the guy who can do that better.

he tore his ACL stopping and changing direction. Good thing Patterson doesn't have those knees, otherwise his would be ripped to poo.

In all honesty. There is no AJ green or Julio in this draft. Who do you think could become that kind of game changing reciever out of Patterson or Hunter. To me it's Patterson. He already has the athleticism. And it's not like he would be a benchwarmer right off the bat on this team. He could make an instant impact right now if we draft him.

#134 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

That's not saying much because you would take Stephen Hill. But way to ride the fence Dacity.

thats funny bc i never said that.aj green type wr dont last til the 14th pick.

#135 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

I love Percy and his versatility but his play style puts him in danger of taking bigger hits and trying to make more plays around LB's and DLinemen. While pure WR's like AJ Green and Moss stay away from taking huge shots.

So my question to you is if you were looking for a WR to be your lead target. Would you want a Percy Harvin type or a AJ Green type?

okay. if we are talking deep threat im taking aj green. but if im a team like the pats who uses slotwr/kr alot then im taking percy.

now if your just talking no 1 wr skills alone with nothing else then i take green...would love to have both at the same time though lol

#136 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

so if there's not an aj green or megatron (both of which come along all the time, right?) then we don't take a WR in the first?

#137 jungleking

jungleking

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Did he tear his ACL on being hit or a freak accident? But the fact coming off a ACL he was able to run the same speed as K Allen and produce 73 rec. 1083 yards and 10 td. IMO that is a freak athlete.

I call it versatility to. But he will be ask to run more routes and catch more balls then to run reverse plays and take hand offs. So I'd rather get the guy who can do that better.

There's about three hundred yards difference receiving between Hunter and Patterson, during a season in which Patterson was asked to run the ball and return kicks/punts. If he's not exhausted from doing everything else, couldn't Patterson have been just as productive a receiver as Hunter?

And I wouldn't worry about him getting caught by too many defensive linemen. He's a 6'3" track athlete. He shouldn't be thrown the ball until he's 30 yards downfield.

Bottom line: Patterson played some of the most dangerous positions in the game without getting hurt. It makes no sense to say that he's going to get hurt doing everything else, and then turn around and say that he's only going to be asked to receive.

#138 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

penalizing patterson for not being a "pure receiver" is like criticizing cam for not being a "pure passer".

he was used in a variety of ways because he could be used in a variety of ways. that to me is a huge draw if anything. he's got more ways that he can make plays than just about any player in this draft.

not sure why we wouldn't want another multi-faceted weapon.

#139 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

There's about three hundred yards difference receiving between Hunter and Patterson, during a season in which Patterson was asked to run the ball and return kicks/punts. If he's not exhausted from doing everything else, couldn't Patterson have been just as productive a receiver as Hunter?

And I wouldn't worry about him getting caught by too many defensive linemen. He's a 6'3" track athlete. He shouldn't be thrown the ball until he's 30 yards downfield.

Bottom line: Patterson played some of the most dangerous positions in the game without getting hurt. It makes no sense to say that he's going to get hurt doing everything else, and then turn around and say that he's only going to be asked to receive.

Wow Jungle that's a real basis scenario you came up with. Because you like Patterson so much you have created a excuse for him not having Hunter production. How about this Hunter is the better WR. Patterson isn't great at running routes and hands are suspect but he is such a great athlete they figure out ways to get him the ball. Returns Hand offs in the wildcat and reverses. Could that be a more plausible scenario?

2. Sometimes you can't wait until he gets 30 yards down the field and it's not a sure thing he will catch it.

3. I'd never said he would get hurt but all the stuff he does on the field will make it a likely hood if done to much.

#140 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

penalizing patterson for not being a "pure receiver" is like criticizing cam for not being a "pure passer".

he was used in a variety of ways because he could be used in a variety of ways. that to me is a huge draw if anything. he's got more ways that he can make plays than just about any player in this draft.

not sure why we wouldn't want another multi-faceted weapon.

Cam and Patterson analogy again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users