• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#41 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Sure there is. WR is a need--I agree. However, Cam led the NFL in landing on his butt. Many of his throws were inaccurate because he had bull rushers throwing his interior linemen into his grill and he was not maximally effective because the running game struggled. Take care of the OL and the rest of the O gets better.
For example, how good is Lafell? (I bet you have an opinion). How often was he targeted vs. Smith and Olsen? How often do you think that Lafell was Cam's first read? Second? Lafell was usually the 3rd read. How often did Cam get hit or pressured before making his third read? I am not sure we know how good he really is because our OL or QB have sucked since he arrived.

Our OL depth is a joke. The entire right side of our line is a joke.

My point was, there are needs that are practical and boring that come before needs that are flashy and exciting. Get the line right and everyone gets better.

If we bring in Patterson and go with Austin at RG and Bell at RT, be prepared to be disappointed.

Personally, if Lane Johnson is there, you take him and laugh about it for 10 years. Replace Bell in 2013, switch with Gross in 2014. LTs are hard to find.

Great post.

#42 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Sure there is. WR is a need--I agree. However, Cam led the NFL in landing on his butt. Many of his throws were inaccurate because he had bull rushers throwing his interior linemen into his grill and he was not maximally effective because the running game struggled. Take care of the OL and the rest of the O gets better.
For example, how good is Lafell? (I bet you have an opinion). How often was he targeted vs. Smith and Olsen? How often do you think that Lafell was Cam's first read? Second? Lafell was usually the 3rd read. How often did Cam get hit or pressured before making his third read? I am not sure we know how good he really is because our OL or QB have sucked since he arrived.

Our OL depth is a joke. The entire right side of our line is a joke.

My point was, there are needs that are practical and boring that come before needs that are flashy and exciting. Get the line right and everyone gets better.

If we bring in Patterson and go with Austin at RG and Bell at RT, be prepared to be disappointed.

Personally, if Lane Johnson is there, you take him and laugh about it for 10 years. Replace Bell in 2013, switch with Gross in 2014. LTs are hard to find.

Great post.

#43 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Cordarrelle is from Rock Hill and in 09 he didnt play football at north carolina tech. he then transferred to Hutchinson Community college where he was a 2 time JUCO all american.became a 5 star prospect there and chose UT over several other SEC schools. check out his numbers

http://en.wikipedia....relle_Patterson

36 TDs in 2 years of JUCO and 10TDs in 1 year of SEC ball with over 1800 all purpose yards a SEC record. plus he is 6'3 200 and runs a 4.3 or 4.4.

That's great for a 2 nd round wr. Or a scat back.

#44 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Yea Patterson is GARBAGE, but LaFAIL is KING. You're praising the wrong guy. Id take you more seriously if you werent riding on LaFail's nuts that hard.

but I completely agree that if both Keenan and Patterson are there at 14, I would much rather go with Keenan. But you cant argue that Patterson isnt the no.1/no.2 wr in this class.

Jody B has never deserved the name Lafail or Stonehands.

#45 Moose Hoover

Moose Hoover

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

I'm still on the fence about CP, but I'd be the most comfortable taking him #1 if we decided it was worth the chance.

#46 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Jody B has never deserved the name Lafail or Stonehands.

What?

#47 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Jody Breeze. Learn your players nicknames.

#48 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• LocationFLORIDA
HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

ill post this again lol. i love his burst of speed at the end around the 25 yard line.!!! :startle: .

Posted Image

#49 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Patterson is like the fire-engine red sports car in the showroom that keeps catching your eye as you are there with the wife to shop for a minivan. You know what you should do and it is not what you want to do.

Posted Image

#50 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Not even close. I ask again tell me the last wr that went in the top 20 with these numbers? 45 rec. 545 yards and 5 td.

whose #s are you referencing?

bc those aren't Patterson's lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users