IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yes in a year or 2.

that would be perfect timing. Smith would be on his last leg by then. we could put patterson in the slot where he wouldnt have to face the opposing teams best corner and where his size, playmaking ability, and speed(4.4 i think) would be a mismatch for a nickel corner. this could also open things up for lafell and make him better.

#77 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,228 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

yep, i really dont think he will be on the board at 14 anymore.too big of a playmaker.

starting to feel that way too

#78 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

that would be perfect timing. Smith would be on his last leg by then. we could put patterson in the slot where he wouldnt have to face the opposing teams best corner and where his size, playmaking ability, and speed(4.4 i think) would be a mismatch for a nickel corner. this could also open things up for lafell and make him better.

Yeah that's great but I'd rather have a DT, CB, or Safety that's start at their position day one. I want more impact then a 3rd WR in the 1st round of the draft. That's just my opinion.

#79 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,173 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

smh that you think he'd be one for long.

#80 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,555 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

NFL Network's Mike Mayock has assigned a first-round grade to only two wide receivers in the 2013 draft: Tennessee's Cordarrelle Patterson and Cal's Keenan Allen.
Mayock was particularly effusive in praising Patterson, who is a Julio Jones kind of wide receiver at 6-foot-3 and 200-plus pounds. "You put him on tape, and he’s going to take your breath away," Mayock said. "He’s a special talent." Mayock is interested to see how Allen runs at this week's Scouting Combine. Allen is more the possession/run-after-catch receiver, a Miles Austin type. Feb 18 - 2:28 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8327/cordarrelle-patterson

#81 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,793 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Our best guy at YAC was ranked 51st in the league and his name was Mike Tolbert with 300 yards... He actually had 268 receiving yards, and it's typical for RBs to post more YAC than official yards since they grab passes behind the LOS most of the time. But none of our receivers eclipsed 300 yards of YAC this past season, which means our passing offense lacks explosiveness. We can't count on 34 year old Steve Smith to be our playmaker next season and beyond.

#82 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,173 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

http://www.rotoworld...relle-patterson

what? no word about him being a 2 year project who wouldn't be able to start ahead of someone as studly as brandon lafell?

no word about him being less of a talent than hunter? no word about hunter being the better WR?

lol

#83 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

what? no word about him being a 2 year project who wouldn't be able to start ahead of someone as studly as brandon lafell?

no word about him being less of a talent than hunter? no word about hunter being the better WR?

lol

Put your money where your mouth is.

#84 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,672 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

i feel like we have to come away with a WR in the 1st or 2nd round.

#85 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,672 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Our best guy at YAC was ranked 51st in the league and his name was Mike Tolbert with 300 yards... He actually had 268 receiving yards, and it's typical for RBs to post more YAC than official yards since they grab passes behind the LOS most of the time. But none of our receivers eclipsed 300 yards of YAC this past season, which means our passing offense lacks explosiveness. We can't count on 34 year old Steve Smith to be our playmaker next season and beyond.

but yet WR is not a huge need.this team LACKS weapons. help your QB out, and get him some weapons.

#86 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

oh yeah i think its set in stone that the panthers draft a wr in 1 or 2 round. too big of a need to pass by.

#87 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,555 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Lafell scares no one, he has average speed, and he's a decent route runner. He is not a guy that is going to stretch the field like Corradell, we need someone to find Smitty's successor. And Lafell isn't that.

#88 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

but yet WR is not a huge need.this team LACKS weapons. help your QB out, and get him some weapons.

This is my problem with you. This team has weapons. Chud just wasn't using them at the begining of the season. You keep forgetting this was a top 5 scoring offense (with the same WR you trash) a year ago. When Chud was a better playcaller. Now I'm not saying this team couldn't use a upgrade at WR or a successor to Smith. But it's not a do or die situation if we don't get a WR this year. The offense will be good with better Oline play and better play calling. Plus the way our Offense is now a 3 rd Wr isn't going to put up great numbers in it regardless. Look at all the other read option and Pistol teams and look at their 2nd and 3rd WR numbers. It won't be that much different then our WR numbers.

#89 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,523 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

This guy is just plain fun to watch...even shitty homemade juco highlight tapes.

#90 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Lafell scares no one, he has average speed, and he's a decent route runner. He is not a guy that is going to stretch the field like Corradell, we need someone to find Smitty's successor. And Lafell isn't that.

He's not suppose to. He is a possession WR that's is suppose to help move the Chains. Smith and Murphy was suppose to be the vertical threat. Not to mention the Oline couldn't block long enough for those routes anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com