182 replies to this topic

#121 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

I don't think this is the right place or time to draft a Receiver. We need lineman and I see more sure things on both sides of the ball in the first round on the line.

#122 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

been watching film on this guy and what I can tell you is, he wont be able to do alot of that changing direction, stop and go etc in the NFL without getting seriously popped by LB or safety.

if you say so

#123 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,278 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

been watching film on this guy and what I can tell you is, he wont be able to do alot of that changing direction, stop and go etc in the NFL without getting seriously popped by LB or safety.

Have you not heard of Steve Smith? Young Steve Smith did that ALL THE TIME.

#124 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

if you say so

Have you not heard of Steve Smith? Young Steve Smith did that ALL THE TIME.

i remember people saying that kind of thing about cam...that he couldn't do that kind of stuff in the NFL like he did at auburn because the LBs would kill him.

some players have it and some don't. patterson is one of those guys whose got it. he'll be able to make people miss and he will be able to take hits. i don't feel the same about hunter, btw. guys with that build scare the crap out of me after seeing the hits that smitty takes.

#125 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

i remember people saying that kind of thing about cam...that he couldn't do that kind of stuff in the NFL like he did at auburn because the LBs would kill him.

some players have it and some don't. patterson is one of those guys whose got it. he'll be able to make people miss and he will be able to take hits. i don't feel the same about hunter, btw. guys with that build scare the crap out of me after seeing the hits that smitty takes.

AJ green and Randy Moss have the same body type and they've been just fine.

Boldin and Jones has Patterson body type and they always get hurt.

It has more to do with how a player plays and less to do with body type.

Hunter gets more separation with his polish route running so he takes less kill shots.

Not to mention Hunter won't be put at risk with all those gimmick plays that Patterson runs.

#126 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

AJ green and Randy Moss have the same body type and they've been just fine.

Boldin and Jones has Patterson body type and they always get hurt.

It has more to do with how a player plays and less to do with body type.

Hunter gets more separation with his polish route running so he takes less kill shots.

Not to mention Hunter won't be put at risk with all those gimmick plays that Patterson runs.

You say gimmick plays, everyone else says versatility. And Hunter already tore his ACL. He's a bigger injury risk than Patterson.

#127 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

what do you think about percy though luke..i mean he has been hurt but his play style is similar to patterson....and it has worked in the nfl. percy catches tds, runs for tds and returns kicks for tds.

i guess it comes down to is patterson as good as harvin........

#128 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

You say gimmick plays, everyone else says versatility. And Hunter already tore his ACL. He's a bigger injury risk than Patterson.

agreed with all that.

#129 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Did he tear his ACL on being hit or a freak accident? But the fact coming off a ACL he was able to run the same speed as K Allen and produce 73 rec. 1083 yards and 10 td. IMO that is a freak athlete.

I call it versatility to. But he will be ask to run more routes and catch more balls then to run reverse plays and take hand offs. So I'd rather get the guy who can do that better.

#130 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

what do you think about percy though luke..i mean he has been hurt but his play style is similar to patterson....and it has worked in the nfl. percy catches tds, runs for tds and returns kicks for tds.

i guess it comes down to is patterson as good as harvin........

I love Percy and his versatility but his play style puts him in danger of taking bigger hits and trying to make more plays around LB's and DLinemen. While pure WR's like AJ Green and Moss stay away from taking huge shots.

So my question to you is if you were looking for a WR to be your lead target. Would you want a Percy Harvin type or a AJ Green type?

#131 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

I would take either because both are number 1 wr.my question is which would be available at 14? And Allen will run 4.5 at the combine if he runs and produce 61 catches while missing 3 games.and he had 98 catches as a sophomore.

#132 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

I would take either because both are number 1 wr.my question is which would be available at 14?

That's not saying much because you would take Stephen Hill. But way to ride the fence Dacity.

#133 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,717 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Did he tear his ACL on being hit or a freak accident? But the fact coming off a ACL he was able to run the same speed as K Allen and produce 73 rec. 1083 yards and 10 td. IMO that is a freak athlete.

I call it versatility to. But he will be ask to run more routes and catch more balls then to run reverse plays and take hand offs. So I'd rather get the guy who can do that better.

he tore his ACL stopping and changing direction. Good thing Patterson doesn't have those knees, otherwise his would be ripped to poo.

In all honesty. There is no AJ green or Julio in this draft. Who do you think could become that kind of game changing reciever out of Patterson or Hunter. To me it's Patterson. He already has the athleticism. And it's not like he would be a benchwarmer right off the bat on this team. He could make an instant impact right now if we draft him.

#134 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

That's not saying much because you would take Stephen Hill. But way to ride the fence Dacity.

thats funny bc i never said that.aj green type wr dont last til the 14th pick.

#135 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

I love Percy and his versatility but his play style puts him in danger of taking bigger hits and trying to make more plays around LB's and DLinemen. While pure WR's like AJ Green and Moss stay away from taking huge shots.

So my question to you is if you were looking for a WR to be your lead target. Would you want a Percy Harvin type or a AJ Green type?

okay. if we are talking deep threat im taking aj green. but if im a team like the pats who uses slotwr/kr alot then im taking percy.

now if your just talking no 1 wr skills alone with nothing else then i take green...would love to have both at the same time though lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.