• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

i never said trade him. that contract is too big and player trades are rare. Release him and let him go find the best situation for him. I just think he has more left in the tank than you do. Stewarts only decent games(by that almost 50 yds were New Orleans, and Washington. I don't think much more of the Redskins defense than the Saints but whatever.
Your also totally dismissing the other 40 and 50 yd td receptions and scores Deangelo had. That's a big reason we beat Atlanta. To me Stewart needs oline push just as much, because his first couple steps are slower than Deangelo's. But all that's just personal difference of opinion between us.
I think Stewart coming from a read option offense, having a leg up because of that, and not doing anything sh#t with it means something. You're grading Dwill on a harder curve when that is a different O for him. Frank Gore didn't like it this year either but he has a road grader line that makes anything easier. System matters.
Again i don't care about th Stew vs DW stuff at this point. I just think he can have a Corey dillon/Stephen Davis type career resurgence if picked up by a decent team

#47 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Oh what a difference a year makes. Very knowledgeable fanbase (sarcasm)

http://www.carolinah..._ sign stewart

And your point?

Many of us have basically said the same thing since the cap problem of having two good backs (and paying one like a top 5 back and the other like a to 10 back) began showing on the radar. In retrospect, it was nice to have Double Trouble, but I could argue that Double Trouble arose out of a mistake because most didn't see D-Will breaking out like he did in 2008. IMHO Stew was drafted to be the guy because D-Will was thought to be only a scat-back, situational RB. Just like most of us didn't see Double Trouble coming, we especially didn't see Marty Hurney (J-Rich) creating the real problem, which was overpaying D-Will when they probably should have let him walk (to Green Bay). Double Trouble, in real terms, was a nice "problem" to have, but the real problem didn't begin until the money entered into the equation. Moreover, the confusion was exacerbated, and the situation became even more cloudy when both lines were gutted of veteran leadership, Otah evolved into a bust, and offensive schemes and philosophies left our RBs in positions not to succeed (or maximize their talent).

To me, both backs still have something to offer, but Stewart is the younger guy just beginning his prime.

i never said trade him. that contract is too big and player trades are rare. Release him and let him go find the best situation for him. I just think he has more left in the tank than you do. Stewarts only decent games(by that almost 50 yds were New Orleans, and Washington. I don't think much more of the Redskins defense than the Saints but whatever.
Your also totally dismissing the other 40 and 50 yd td receptions and scores Deangelo had. That's a big reason we beat Atlanta. To me Stewart needs oline push just as much, because his first couple steps are slower than Deangelo's. But all that's just personal difference of opinion between us.
I think Stewart coming from a read option offense, having a leg up because of that, and not doing anything sh#t with it means something. You're grading Dwill on a harder curve when that is a different O for him. Frank Gore didn't like it this year either but he has a road grader line that makes anything easier. System matters.
Again i don't care about th Stew vs DW stuff at this point. I just think he can have a Corey dillon/Stephen Davis type career resurgence if picked up by a decent team

As for me, I have always said that D-Will still has something left in the tank. But, I have also said that it would be foolish and shortsighted to go with the older guy when you have a younger guy with a similar injury history, more power, and slightly better numbers when it comes to all-purpose yards since the time both were in the league.

#48 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Delete needs to be an option when we do double posts.

#49 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,375 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Point was that Kurb and others had it right. Now we are up you know what creek, cap wise, and all the jubilation at cornering the RB market was short lived. Again, hoping Gettlman does not act like Hurney nor the fickle, sign everybody in sight, fan base.

#50 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Gettleman can't do that. It wasn't what he was brought here to do. In regards to "cornering the RB market", we all dreamed that we could perhaps keep both backs if they were willing to compromise and/or give us hometown discounts, but anyone with any type of insight knew that it was going to be short-lived one way or the other even before the ink dried on Williams' contract.

But, who knows? Maybe they can work it out. I doubt it since Stewart just renegotiated. In my mind, D-Will is as good as gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.