21 replies to this topic

#16 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Frontier might not be around much longer. Current owners are trying to sell them. The reason the prices might go up is capacity is getting cut. You are right about southwest the rest of the airlines have been lower than them.

#17 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

sure glad I just bought my own jet

#18 brian032

brian032

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

With the American and Us Airways merger flying is going to get more expensive. First thing they will do is reduce capacity which will raise fares. Will be interesting to see what the Justice Department says. would not be surprised if they have to give up a hub or two, too get it passed them. Charlotte should be fine but will seem some reduction in flights. But it might open Charlotte up to other carriers to come in too.

Late to the party, but I see British Airways making a return to Charlotte with the new merger; and maybe flights from Dusseldorf and/or Berlin via Air Berlin in the future. Lufthansa might make an exit out of CLT too if O/D isn't high enough to remain profitable. With United being the only Star Alliance domestic carrier, I don't see how they'll logically channel connecting passengers from UA hubs (who are probably coming from UA destinations) just to connect through a CLT-based LH flight to Munich.

I'm hoping for the best, but it'll be a sad day for Charlotte aviation if the non-stop flights to Munich via LH come to an end. :( That's one of the few routes that I love flying.

#19 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

I wouldn't count CLT out yet, Good location for a hub either American/Us Airways or maybe even JetBlue or Southwest. I can see Charlotte growing there Carribean/ South American routes. Europe might be a little harder until rules are restricted and flight patterns are changed. Right now most fligths have to go up over the North East anyway for routings. Hopefully in the next 10 years that goes away and fly more southernly across the Atlantic. (even though it can be now but most carriers dont do it).

But I still think CLT will compete.

#20 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,390 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

We just finally are getting Virgin, thank God.

#21 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

I had a virgin once.....just once

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,390 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

He was faster than he looked, huh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.