• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

There are a few picks every year that clearly exceed expectations based on where they are picked, so which prospect(s) currently projected in rounds 4-7 do you all think can be that late-round gem?

One for me is Washington State WR Marquess Wilson. He was highly productive at WSU (3,207 yards and 23 TDs in 3 seasons) and has great speed and height (listed at 6-4). He's listed at 185 but he definitely needs to add a little weight to his frame and needs to become a more consistent pass catcher but he has a lot of big play ability.

Here's a video from his sophomore season:

Who do you all like?

#2 CamJordan420

CamJordan420

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

There are a few picks every year that clearly exceed expectations based on where they are picked, so which prospect(s) currently projected in rounds 4-7 do you all think can be that late-round gem?

One for me is Washington State WR Marquess Wilson. He was highly productive at WSU (3,207 yards and 23 TDs in 3 seasons) and has great speed and height (listed at 6-4). He's listed at 185 but he definitely needs to add a little weight to his frame and needs to become a more consistent pass catcher but he has a lot of big play ability.

Here's a video from his sophomore season:

Who do you all like?

Mark Marcuson

#3 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

already made a thread like this but i like matt scott arizona qb.....reminds of russell wilson/and throws a bit high like cam.

i think he could come out being one the best qb in this draft.

#4 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

#5 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,602 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

my one sleeper who i cannot understand why he is ranked so low is Kenny Stills. has NFL bloodlines, has produced 3 straight years at a major program, and can play many different WR spots.

#6 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Stills is a good one. Don't understand why he's rated so low either. Matt Scott is an interesting one too.

#7 Moose Hoover

Moose Hoover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Marquise Goodwin

#8 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

oh yeah i love goodwin...FAST(4.2) and tough too...just need to work on his ball tracking skills and getting off of jams.

he seems to have decent hands to....dont want a speed guy who cant catch...lol

he was also one of the standouts at senior bowl practices.....like i said before he reminds me of a mark duper or a mike wallace deep threat guy. he also can return kicks like trindon holiday which is a plus.

he's an olympic guy who came to the team later so alot of times he looks a bit lost and texas never really used him that much(33 times he had the ball).

#9 Moose Hoover

Moose Hoover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Yeah I was watching the Senior Bowl and looking primarily at Patton but kept noticing Goodwin...then i found out about the track background and got even more excited.

#10 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Are there any Kickers out there worth drafting? Like exceptional guys that don't need to bounce around for a few years?

#11 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

my one sleeper who i cannot understand why he is ranked so low is Kenny Stills. has NFL bloodlines, has produced 3 straight years at a major program, and can play many different WR spots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAeRKAmCHts

I agree and have wondered the same thing about Stills. He kinda has an edge to him that I prefer in a player.

#12 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

oh let me throw in jonathan franlikn. should be around 4-5 pick....i like this guy alot and i think hes the most complete rb in this class.

also mycha rivera(te), sio moore(olb), sylvester williams(DT), and shamarko thomas(SS) are guys i like.

#13 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Marquise Goodwin will not be a late round gem. After the senior bowl he's shot up the boards. There's a chance he could get drafted in the second now....

#14 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,159 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Really think Connor Vernon is going to excel.

#15 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Marquise Goodwin will not be a late round gem. After the senior bowl he's shot up the boards. There's a chance he could get drafted in the second now....

no doubt man. im just putting people that ive been had on my radar when they were lower draft round picks.

yeah hes around the 3rd now but based off his combine 40 yard dash, it might get him into the 2nd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com