Photo
- - - - -

Late-round gems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

There are a few picks every year that clearly exceed expectations based on where they are picked, so which prospect(s) currently projected in rounds 4-7 do you all think can be that late-round gem?

One for me is Washington State WR Marquess Wilson. He was highly productive at WSU (3,207 yards and 23 TDs in 3 seasons) and has great speed and height (listed at 6-4). He's listed at 185 but he definitely needs to add a little weight to his frame and needs to become a more consistent pass catcher but he has a lot of big play ability.

Here's a video from his sophomore season:

Who do you all like?

#2 CamJordan420

CamJordan420

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

There are a few picks every year that clearly exceed expectations based on where they are picked, so which prospect(s) currently projected in rounds 4-7 do you all think can be that late-round gem?

One for me is Washington State WR Marquess Wilson. He was highly productive at WSU (3,207 yards and 23 TDs in 3 seasons) and has great speed and height (listed at 6-4). He's listed at 185 but he definitely needs to add a little weight to his frame and needs to become a more consistent pass catcher but he has a lot of big play ability.

Here's a video from his sophomore season:

Who do you all like?

Mark Marcuson

#3 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

already made a thread like this but i like matt scott arizona qb.....reminds of russell wilson/and throws a bit high like cam.

i think he could come out being one the best qb in this draft.

#4 BigSyke

BigSyke

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

#5 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

my one sleeper who i cannot understand why he is ranked so low is Kenny Stills. has NFL bloodlines, has produced 3 straight years at a major program, and can play many different WR spots.

#6 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Stills is a good one. Don't understand why he's rated so low either. Matt Scott is an interesting one too.

#7 Moose Hoover

Moose Hoover

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Marquise Goodwin

#8 BigSyke

BigSyke

HUDDLER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

oh yeah i love goodwin...FAST(4.2) and tough too...just need to work on his ball tracking skills and getting off of jams.

he seems to have decent hands to....dont want a speed guy who cant catch...lol

he was also one of the standouts at senior bowl practices.....like i said before he reminds me of a mark duper or a mike wallace deep threat guy. he also can return kicks like trindon holiday which is a plus.

he's an olympic guy who came to the team later so alot of times he looks a bit lost and texas never really used him that much(33 times he had the ball).

#9 Moose Hoover

Moose Hoover

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Yeah I was watching the Senior Bowl and looking primarily at Patton but kept noticing Goodwin...then i found out about the track background and got even more excited.

#10 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Are there any Kickers out there worth drafting? Like exceptional guys that don't need to bounce around for a few years?

#11 44johnson

44johnson

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

my one sleeper who i cannot understand why he is ranked so low is Kenny Stills. has NFL bloodlines, has produced 3 straight years at a major program, and can play many different WR spots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAeRKAmCHts

I agree and have wondered the same thing about Stills. He kinda has an edge to him that I prefer in a player.

#12 BigSyke

BigSyke

HUDDLER

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

oh let me throw in jonathan franlikn. should be around 4-5 pick....i like this guy alot and i think hes the most complete rb in this class.

also mycha rivera(te), sio moore(olb), sylvester williams(DT), and shamarko thomas(SS) are guys i like.