Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Late-round gems

15 posts in this topic

Posted

There are a few picks every year that clearly exceed expectations based on where they are picked, so which prospect(s) currently projected in rounds 4-7 do you all think can be that late-round gem?

One for me is Washington State WR Marquess Wilson. He was highly productive at WSU (3,207 yards and 23 TDs in 3 seasons) and has great speed and height (listed at 6-4). He's listed at 185 but he definitely needs to add a little weight to his frame and needs to become a more consistent pass catcher but he has a lot of big play ability.

Here's a video from his sophomore season:

http://youtu.be/Qrwg7jKMW_Y

Who do you all like?

Posted

There are a few picks every year that clearly exceed expectations based on where they are picked, so which prospect(s) currently projected in rounds 4-7 do you all think can be that late-round gem?

One for me is Washington State WR Marquess Wilson. He was highly productive at WSU (3,207 yards and 23 TDs in 3 seasons) and has great speed and height (listed at 6-4). He's listed at 185 but he definitely needs to add a little weight to his frame and needs to become a more consistent pass catcher but he has a lot of big play ability.

Here's a video from his sophomore season:

http://youtu.be/Qrwg7jKMW_Y

Who do you all like?

Mark Marcuson

Posted

already made a thread like this but i like matt scott arizona qb.....reminds of russell wilson/and throws a bit high like cam.

i think he could come out being one the best qb in this draft.

Posted

Posted

my one sleeper who i cannot understand why he is ranked so low is Kenny Stills. has NFL bloodlines, has produced 3 straight years at a major program, and can play many different WR spots.

Posted

Stills is a good one. Don't understand why he's rated so low either. Matt Scott is an interesting one too.

Posted

Marquise Goodwin

Posted

oh yeah i love goodwin...FAST(4.2) and tough too...just need to work on his ball tracking skills and getting off of jams.

he seems to have decent hands to....dont want a speed guy who cant catch...lol

he was also one of the standouts at senior bowl practices.....like i said before he reminds me of a mark duper or a mike wallace deep threat guy. he also can return kicks like trindon holiday which is a plus.

he's an olympic guy who came to the team later so alot of times he looks a bit lost and texas never really used him that much(33 times he had the ball).

Posted

Yeah I was watching the Senior Bowl and looking primarily at Patton but kept noticing Goodwin...then i found out about the track background and got even more excited.

Posted

Are there any Kickers out there worth drafting? Like exceptional guys that don't need to bounce around for a few years?

Posted

my one sleeper who i cannot understand why he is ranked so low is Kenny Stills. has NFL bloodlines, has produced 3 straight years at a major program, and can play many different WR spots.

I agree and have wondered the same thing about Stills. He kinda has an edge to him that I prefer in a player.

Posted

oh let me throw in jonathan franlikn. should be around 4-5 pick....i like this guy alot and i think hes the most complete rb in this class.

also mycha rivera(te), sio moore(olb), sylvester williams(DT), and shamarko thomas(SS) are guys i like.