#1 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-165657267.html

After a bout of disruptive behavior from Ben Gordon targeted at Charlotte Bobcats coach Mike Dunlap, the franchise's desire to trade the guard has deepened, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.Ben Gordon is averaging 12.6 points this season. (AP)As Dunlap led the Bobcats in a morning shootaround on Monday before a victory over the Celtics, Gordon refused Dunlap's request to stop bouncing a ball as the coach spoke, sources said. Before long, Gordon began baiting Dunlap, telling him that he needed to "humble himself," sources said.
Gordan refused to give the ball to Dunlap, and eventually tossed it toward a ball rack, sources said.
Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins was in the practice session and ultimately intervened, sources said.
"Beyond disrespectful," was how one league source described the scene.

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,979 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

I never really pictured Gordon as that kind of player.

#3 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Great now Cats will just give him away

#4 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Great now Cats will just give him away

maybe they will give Dunlap away too

not that I agree with what Gordon did, but Dunlap has to go.. he's losing the team.. to make a mild-mannered Gordon act like this.. trade Gordon, fire Dunlap, promote Stephen Silas, call it a season

#5 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

The fact that Higgins came to Dunlap's defense makes one believe this problem is with Gordon and not Dunlap. Accountability is important...changing the culture is important. Obviously Gordon needs to adjust himself or be traded. simple as that. Players have to buy in and respect the coach's decision making. no room for this on a young squad.

#6 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,519 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I never really pictured Gordon as that kind of player.

He has always been that type of player/guy. It was a great to trade for the Bobcats, but I was not thrilled at all about having him on the team. I hope he gets traded and fast.

#7 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,519 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

maybe they will give Dunlap away too

not that I agree with what Gordon did, but Dunlap has to go.. he's losing the team.. to make a mild-mannered Gordon act like this.. trade Gordon, fire Dunlap, promote Stephen Silas, call it a season

Gordon has never been mild-mannered. I don't know where you got that. He has always started stuff on the court and locker room. Dunlap is a good coach and teacher. Do you think Phil Riley would win with the team the Bobcats have. The answer is no. Same as any other coach.

#8 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yeah i loved the trade with Detroit not for Gordon even though I think he is more valuable than Maggette but since we got that draft pick. Shop around and see if we can move Gordon for another big or a draft pick

#9 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,428 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Yeah i loved the trade with Detroit not for Gordon even though I think he is more valuable than Maggette but since we got that draft pick. Shop around and see if we can move Gordon for another big or a draft pick

Or an expiring contract. He has trade value and he is expendable.

#10 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Not sure who has an expiring they would swap for Gordon... Maybe look to Memphis since they have almost 10 mill in trade exemptions, and are looking to add pieces but I dont know if Gordon is something they would be looking for

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'm sure a Veteran player having to play with a group of young guys, worst record in the league, and not to forget mentioning knowing you are on the trading block has all the reasons to be stressed out about. He's just working his way to get out.

#12 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

It must hurt to have to sit on the bench while we develop our young players so much.
His value is dropping with his scoring average.

Hard to blame him.

#13 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,182 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

I was worried about this happening eventually.

Dunleavy is a college coach. He's used to having full control. These aren't kids he's talking to.

I think the Bobcats hired this guy because they were so bad someone needed to come in at teach these kids discipline and re-teach them fundamentals for two years....THEN make their splash hire. A "stop gap" with mutual benefits. Dunleavy could parlay his NBA coaching time to a head coaching gig back in college. A school like Virginia Tech or some place like that.

They have a young team man and it's psyche has to be fragile. Don't need a guy like this messing up the young guys b/c they see him act like an asshole....it might rub off on them.

Kinda surprised by Gordon man. I thought he was better than this. It may just be his way of trying to blackball the team into trading him. Kinda like the shitstain Boris Diaw. I hate that guy.

#14 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Listen guys, I don't know why many of you haven't accepted this by now. Dunlap wasn't brought here to win games. He was brought here to teach these young guys fundamentals and prepare them for the next coach once we have assembled a team we feel we can win with. The front office knows what they want out of this season and they're on their way to getting it. It's to be in the lottery picks. You don't make an oddball hire like Dunlap because you want him to surprise the world and win the NBA championship.

Players are treating this team exactly like what it is.... a stop over in their career where hopefully they can get their game on track. Home of the misfit toys and destination of bad contracts for picks. There is nothing to respect about this team right now. We're in the middle of a tank mode right now. By the time we rebrand to the Hornets, it seems like the hope is that we can shed the era of the "Bobcats" entirely from the record of Charlotte basketball. I feel like that's probably why it hasn't already started.

#15 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

You have to trade/ bench Gordon or you just encourage more of this kind of behavior. If they cant find a good trade offer I would be just fine with telling gordon to go home. Give his minutes to Taylor/ Henderson and move on, if he wants to take a buyout then he play again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users