Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odd idea from PFT

44 posts in this topic

Posted

there's a loophole round-about-way to do this already

Posted

We send a team a player valued at say 3mil. They send us 3mil in cap space. They break even while we net 6mil in cap space. Sounds easy enough to me.

Posted

I said this a couple weeks ago but Clowney shouldn't play this year. He's not a brain surgeon. He probably can barely read.

Sit out, sign an agent, and get ready for the draft. Big things ahead for this dude in the NFL.

Posted

It sounds good in theory but in practice it would just encourage overpaying players.

Posted

Unfortunately PFT just might be worse than the garbage ESPN puts out... and that's saying a lot

Posted

Lol at the Clowney needing to sit out rumors. I would lose respect for him if he pulled that stunt. You know the risk you take when you step on the field regardless of his ability he's not special and he like every other athlete who hasn't been redshirted will play all 3 years first.

Posted

I believe with the new collective bargain agreement. Teams have to spend like 95% of their allowable cap. No longer can the stockpile money each year. This would have been a good idea a couple of years ago but under the new CBA that will go away this season. I might be wrong but I believe there is a new rule.

Posted

Lol at the Clowney needing to sit out rumors. I would lose respect for him if he pulled that stunt. You know the risk you take when you step on the field regardless of his ability he's not special and he like every other athlete who hasn't been redshirted will play all 3 years first.

Doesn't Clowney go to SC? That makes you a bit biased in your opinion I think.

Posted

From a purely personal standpoint. I want him to play. Dude is a pleasure to watch. Maybe win a Championship, and that Heisman thingy along the way to being the No1 pick in next years draft.

Posted

I don't think Clowney should quit or sue or whatever, but something should be done about the rules with the NCAA. Nerlens Noel agrees with me.

Yeah, then we can start putting the pressure on these evil high schools and their ridiculous claims of you have to stay 4 years in order to go to college. It's an injury waiting to happen.

Smh, what about survival of the fittest? Weed out the injury prone and watch the professional product get better and better as it will translate into the absolute best of the best at the highest levels.

Posted

I don't think Clowney should quit or sue or whatever, but something should be done about the rules with the NCAA. Nerlens Noel agrees with me.

Yeah, then we can start putting the pressure on these evil high schools and their ridiculous claims of you have to stay 4 years in order to go to college. It's an injury waiting to happen.

Smh, what about survival of the fittest? Weed out the injury prone and watch the professional product get better and better as it will translate into the absolute best of the best at the highest levels.

Posted

Yeah, then we can start putting the pressure on these evil high schools and their ridiculous claims of you have to stay 4 years in order to go to college.

You don't have to.