Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odd idea from PFT

44 posts in this topic

Posted

You don't have to.

You must complete high school or its equivalency in order to apply to a university.

Posted

its equivalency

yep

Posted

I believe with the new collective bargain agreement. Teams have to spend like 95% of their allowable cap. No longer can the stockpile money each year. This would have been a good idea a couple of years ago but under the new CBA that will go away this season. I might be wrong but I believe there is a new rule.

Pretty sure there is now a "floor" as well as a cap. Don't think it's as high as 95% but it is there.

Posted

I liked PFT better when it was a pure rumor mill. Now, it's not a rumor mill. They pretty much wait until news is common knowledge locally before they "break" it. That and Florio uses way too much now as basically a personal blog - this "article" being a great example of that.

Posted

Doesn't Clowney go to SC? That makes you a bit biased in your opinion I think.

How so? It's a valid point that I made it's stupid for any athlete to sit out because it hurts the team they play for. For instance with recruiting if the team knew a player would just sit out a year every time they had a good sophomore season then they would recruit more of that position. But in this instance if a player for no reason other then to be a selfish dick sneeze decided to sit out on a team then he would deserve any flaming he received.

Posted

I don't like it, would promote innertrading. All teams should have even cap space it gives much more purpose to a good GM and salary cap gurus. I say enforce that every team has to use 98 percent of their room, or on July 1st the rest gets evenly distributed to the rest of the teams in the league.

Posted

How so? It's a valid point that I made it's stupid for any athlete to sit out because it hurts the team they play for. For instance with recruiting if the team knew a player would just sit out a year every time they had a good sophomore season then they would recruit more of that position. But in this instance if a player for no reason other then to be a selfish dick sneeze decided to sit out on a team then he would deserve any flaming he received.

How would that be stupid for Clowney? He's at South Carolina next year because he has to be. He'd be the #1 overall pick if he was eligible for this draft class. Hell, he might be the #1 overall pick next year even if he sat out all year. He'll be risking his pro career next season for a free education he doesn't need and whatever cash some boosters can slip in his pockets at parties. IMO, THAT is what is stupid.

Posted

Florio posits that teams should be allowed to trade...cap space :blink:

(link)

Great idea or silly notion?

Defeats the purpose and intent of the cap.The cap offers small market teams and fans a quality product unless your GM is Hurney