43 replies to this topic

#31 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,425 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

I believe with the new collective bargain agreement. Teams have to spend like 95% of their allowable cap. No longer can the stockpile money each year. This would have been a good idea a couple of years ago but under the new CBA that will go away this season. I might be wrong but I believe there is a new rule.

#32 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Lol at the Clowney needing to sit out rumors. I would lose respect for him if he pulled that stunt. You know the risk you take when you step on the field regardless of his ability he's not special and he like every other athlete who hasn't been redshirted will play all 3 years first.

Doesn't Clowney go to SC? That makes you a bit biased in your opinion I think.

#33 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,566 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

From a purely personal standpoint. I want him to play. Dude is a pleasure to watch. Maybe win a Championship, and that Heisman thingy along the way to being the No1 pick in next years draft.

#34 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

I don't think Clowney should quit or sue or whatever, but something should be done about the rules with the NCAA. Nerlens Noel agrees with me.

Yeah, then we can start putting the pressure on these evil high schools and their ridiculous claims of you have to stay 4 years in order to go to college. It's an injury waiting to happen.

Smh, what about survival of the fittest? Weed out the injury prone and watch the professional product get better and better as it will translate into the absolute best of the best at the highest levels.

#35 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

I don't think Clowney should quit or sue or whatever, but something should be done about the rules with the NCAA. Nerlens Noel agrees with me.

Yeah, then we can start putting the pressure on these evil high schools and their ridiculous claims of you have to stay 4 years in order to go to college. It's an injury waiting to happen.

Smh, what about survival of the fittest? Weed out the injury prone and watch the professional product get better and better as it will translate into the absolute best of the best at the highest levels.

#36 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, then we can start putting the pressure on these evil high schools and their ridiculous claims of you have to stay 4 years in order to go to college.

You don't have to.

#37 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

You don't have to.

You must complete high school or its equivalency in order to apply to a university.

#38 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

its equivalency

yep

#39 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,355 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

I believe with the new collective bargain agreement. Teams have to spend like 95% of their allowable cap. No longer can the stockpile money each year. This would have been a good idea a couple of years ago but under the new CBA that will go away this season. I might be wrong but I believe there is a new rule.

Pretty sure there is now a "floor" as well as a cap. Don't think it's as high as 95% but it is there.

#40 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

I liked PFT better when it was a pure rumor mill. Now, it's not a rumor mill. They pretty much wait until news is common knowledge locally before they "break" it. That and Florio uses way too much now as basically a personal blog - this "article" being a great example of that.

#41 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

Doesn't Clowney go to SC? That makes you a bit biased in your opinion I think.

How so? It's a valid point that I made it's stupid for any athlete to sit out because it hurts the team they play for. For instance with recruiting if the team knew a player would just sit out a year every time they had a good sophomore season then they would recruit more of that position. But in this instance if a player for no reason other then to be a selfish dick sneeze decided to sit out on a team then he would deserve any flaming he received.

#42 ForMac

ForMac

• ALL-PRO
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

I don't like it, would promote innertrading. All teams should have even cap space it gives much more purpose to a good GM and salary cap gurus. I say enforce that every team has to use 98 percent of their room, or on July 1st the rest gets evenly distributed to the rest of the teams in the league.

#43 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

How so? It's a valid point that I made it's stupid for any athlete to sit out because it hurts the team they play for. For instance with recruiting if the team knew a player would just sit out a year every time they had a good sophomore season then they would recruit more of that position. But in this instance if a player for no reason other then to be a selfish dick sneeze decided to sit out on a team then he would deserve any flaming he received.

How would that be stupid for Clowney? He's at South Carolina next year because he has to be. He'd be the #1 overall pick if he was eligible for this draft class. Hell, he might be the #1 overall pick next year even if he sat out all year. He'll be risking his pro career next season for a free education he doesn't need and whatever cash some boosters can slip in his pockets at parties. IMO, THAT is what is stupid.

#44 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Florio posits that teams should be allowed to trade...cap space :blink:

(link)

Great idea or silly notion?

Defeats the purpose and intent of the cap.The cap offers small market teams and fans a quality product unless your GM is Hurney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com