Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game 13: Carolina Hurricanes (7-4-1) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (8-5-0) (Michal Jordan called up)

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

12.48 million is a poo load of money. You could bring in at least 3 really solid players with that money in hockey.

Posted · Report post

Yeah but the team has an internal salary cap that Karmanos imposes. It's why we usually play at around the cap floor but JR got him to open the wallet this year. Yandle is a pipe dream. He's going to command at least Murphy +++. Semin gets dealt if we aren't competitive at the deadline. I honestly think if we get another player for the bottom 6 and a number 4/5 defensemen we'd be set.

Posted · Report post

I'd easily give up Murphy, McBain, and a 1st for Yandle. Murphy has been struggling for quite some time and he has slightly better version of McBain written all over him.

Posted · Report post

I would too but I really dont think Phoenix would. I like Streit also but I probably wouldnt give Murphy for him.

Posted · Report post

Heard Streit mentioned by a few fans on hf boards, I honestly don't see a deal getting done unless it is prospect heavy and the Canes trade away a draft pick. We just aren't in any position to trade away our assets.

As far as prospects go, I'd like to keep Dalpe and Rask but everyone else is fair game.

Posted · Report post

Yeah outside of Murphy and maybe Rask we really don't have any prospects that would really entice other teams. I give draft picks for Murray in SJ and Weber in Montreal and be done with it. Anything to get Sanguinetti out of the line up.

Posted · Report post

Semin wont be dealt. Why that was even a thought is baffling. He has transformed our first line into a juggernaut.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cline' timestamp='1360951280' post='2136010']
Semin wont be dealt. Why that was even a thought is baffling. He has transformed our first line into a juggernaut.
[/quote]

JR said from the beginning that Semin is a short-term acquisition. People are just holding on to that.

Now, his performance has been pretty spectacular thus far. And while I think he will settle down and become even better, there is a chance his value will rise enough to entice owners to make decent offers that JR will look at.

Posted · Report post

I would love to wake up tomorrow and see that Semin had signed an extension. But it's kind of tricky since where a budget team. Does putting more money towards Semin mean that we cant go after a guy like Marc Staal a few years down the line?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='beuer1' timestamp='1360965071' post='2136224']
I would love to wake up tomorrow and see that Semin had signed an extension. But it's kind of tricky since where a budget team. Does putting more money towards Semin mean that we cant go after a guy like Marc Staal a few years down the line?
[/quote]

Arguably, the best top line in hockey right now,

Or hoarding aal the Staal's?

You're right though, lets just hold out hope for Marc when his contract is up. While were at it lets sign the sister and the dad too we can even change our names to the Carolina Hurristaals.

Or, we could, you know, lock up two allstar to lines, spend all the ammo we can to find some defense now, and have a team that can compete year in and year out.

And I'm tired of hearing about Semin having motivation issues, look at Washington, that whole team has motivation issues. He was right for wanting out and now he's in prime position to get rewarded handsomely for it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Stumpy' timestamp='1360967387' post='2136261']
Arguably, the best top line in hockey right now,

Or hoarding aal the Staal's?

You're right though, lets just hold out hope for Marc when his contract is up. While were at it lets sign the sister and the dad too we can even change our names to the Carolina Hurristaals.

Or, we could, you know, lock up two allstar to lines, spend all the ammo we can to find some defense now, and have a team that can compete year in and year out.

And I'm tired of hearing about Semin having motivation issues, look at Washington, that whole team has motivation issues. He was right for wanting out and now he's in prime position to get rewarded handsomely for it.
[/quote]

While Semin's motivation issues are exaggerated, I don't know of anyone who follows hockey who wouldn't say he needs improvement there. He's also playing for a contract, so I'm sure he's a little more motivated right now. What happens when he gets his money?

Posted · Report post

The issues could've been from something internally in Washington, we don't know, and probably wont know. All I know is this, he has shown why at one point he was considered an Elite talent and can return to that soon.