Photo
- - - - -

Game 13: Carolina Hurricanes (7-4-1) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (8-5-0) (Michal Jordan called up)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Jokinen scores and takes a tumble

Link: http://video.nhl.com...=201961&lang=en

#32 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Boys, I think we have a team.

Does anyone know what our cap looks like? I would be curious to see if they make any deadline moves to make a push..?

#33 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Boys, I think we have a team.

Does anyone know what our cap looks like? I would be curious to see if they make any deadline moves to make a push..?

I think we have $12.48 million of cap space. I'm not sure if this figure is accurate, but I remember reading it somewhere.

#34 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

I think we have $12.48 million of cap space. I'm not sure if this figure is accurate, but I remember reading it somewhere.

I'm not familiar with hockey salery structures and how hard the cap is set, ext.. but would that be enough to do anything?

Who would you all suggest as a late season addition? Defense, perhaps?

#35 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

I'm not familiar with hockey salery structures and how hard the cap is set, ext.. but would that be enough to do anything?

Who would you all suggest as a late season addition? Defense, perhaps?

It's enough to make some moves for sure.

A lot of people are pretty high on Yandle out in Phoenix. The Coyotes are going to be in pretty big cap trouble, and Yandle's $5.25 mill cap hit makes him their likely first departure.

I'm not sure why, but a lot of people are ready to deal Semin as well. I really think we should hold off on him and let him come into his own. He could be a huge asset down the stretch.

#36 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

good game, nice to keep the momentum going... long break until we play again on Monday. Defense looked good all night with the new guys in didnt miss a beat. Ellis looked strong again and im glad they gave him another start before it goes too long so he can stay in game shape

#37 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,315 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

12.48 million is a poo load of money. You could bring in at least 3 really solid players with that money in hockey.

#38 beuer1

beuer1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Yeah but the team has an internal salary cap that Karmanos imposes. It's why we usually play at around the cap floor but JR got him to open the wallet this year. Yandle is a pipe dream. He's going to command at least Murphy +++. Semin gets dealt if we aren't competitive at the deadline. I honestly think if we get another player for the bottom 6 and a number 4/5 defensemen we'd be set.

#39 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

I'd easily give up Murphy, McBain, and a 1st for Yandle. Murphy has been struggling for quite some time and he has slightly better version of McBain written all over him.

#40 beuer1

beuer1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

I would too but I really dont think Phoenix would. I like Streit also but I probably wouldnt give Murphy for him.

#41 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Heard Streit mentioned by a few fans on hf boards, I honestly don't see a deal getting done unless it is prospect heavy and the Canes trade away a draft pick. We just aren't in any position to trade away our assets.

As far as prospects go, I'd like to keep Dalpe and Rask but everyone else is fair game.

#42 beuer1

beuer1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Yeah outside of Murphy and maybe Rask we really don't have any prospects that would really entice other teams. I give draft picks for Murray in SJ and Weber in Montreal and be done with it. Anything to get Sanguinetti out of the line up.

#43 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,574 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Semin wont be dealt. Why that was even a thought is baffling. He has transformed our first line into a juggernaut.

#44 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Semin wont be dealt. Why that was even a thought is baffling. He has transformed our first line into a juggernaut.

JR said from the beginning that Semin is a short-term acquisition. People are just holding on to that.

Now, his performance has been pretty spectacular thus far. And while I think he will settle down and become even better, there is a chance his value will rise enough to entice owners to make decent offers that JR will look at.

#45 beuer1

beuer1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

I would love to wake up tomorrow and see that Semin had signed an extension. But it's kind of tricky since where a budget team. Does putting more money towards Semin mean that we cant go after a guy like Marc Staal a few years down the line?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.