Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WFNZ interviews Chris Canty Who Wants to Be a Panther

65 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

He's a hometown guy who will come in for cheap? Yes he's got some injury issues but they could work out an incentive based contract like Thomas Davis. I feel like Dwan Edwards would be signed before Canty but if they can swing it they definitely should.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1360937627' post='2135781']
32 years young
[/quote]the dude just turned 30 a few months ago?

Posted · Report post

my apologies my maff was off

Posted · Report post

I don't see it happening but would love to have him here

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The 910' timestamp='1360938457' post='2135804']
Yeah our salary cap in real life is fuged...I can dream.

But if you had to choose between getting Jennings, Bowe, or another good FA receiver or spending that money on Byrd at Safety what would you do?
[/quote]
If by somehow we had an option to sign any of them. I'd choose Byrd for sure....

Posted · Report post

Chris Canty (fictionally) signed with the Panthers and I.....JIZZED IN MY PANTS

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The 910' timestamp='1360937909' post='2135791']
We can cross DT off our 1st round draft choice if we get em, and makes our d line a hell of a lot better.

Plug Jairus Byrd in at Safety, draft Milliner.

Wow
[/quote]

Signing Canty would be a solid signing (albeit I'm not entirely sold he's as good as he's been made out to be in the past, but still a solid player) but we shouldn't remove DT off as a first round need/choice because of it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mage' timestamp='1360948886' post='2135971']
Signing Canty would be a solid signing (albeit I'm not entirely sold he's as good as he's been made out to be in the past, but still a solid player) but we shouldn't remove DT off as a first round need/choice because of it.
[/quote]
Agreed, Canty is more of a UT IIRC so we still need a NT... Maybe not in the first round but definitley wouldn't want Fua starting at NT

Posted · Report post

This further confuses me about the direction that they might take with DT.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='kahakai' timestamp='1360941899' post='2135847']
Teams are gunning for him:

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138858/article/report-titans-made-offer-to-free-agent-chris-canty"]http://www.nfl.com/n...ent-chris-canty[/url]

If he wants to be here, I'd imagine he'll have to ignore some $$. We will see
[/quote]That is what I was about to say. Other teams are already looking at him hard. Canty is still a decent vet DT. Unless the guy is willing give up millions of dollars to take a low contract one year deal from the panthers. I really don't see him coming to this team. It would be nice. But money is an issue right now with the panthers and I'm sure he will want plenty of green with this one year deal. So again I very much doubt we see him coming here. No matter what he says on radio show or what. When you got other teams offering you plenty more money. It is hard to avoid. Yes Tolbert did take a home discount for us. But that is rare for any player to do now days. But who knows at this point in time. We will just have to wait and see.

Posted · Report post

Canty is better than anyone on the current roster..n immediately more impact than any rookie.

Id take J Bryd if there was a free agent they would target. A lot more Cantys out there than J Bryds.

Posted · Report post

Gettlemen Magic