Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WFNZ interviews Chris Canty Who Wants to Be a Panther

65 posts in this topic

Posted

We can cross DT off our 1st round draft choice if we get em, and makes our d line a hell of a lot better.

Plug Jairus Byrd in at Safety, draft Milliner.

Wow

We're on the same page! Would love to see Byrd come here more than any free agent...

Draft Milliner and. OL

1 person likes this

Posted

Want to be a Panther?

Prove it. Have your agent send over an offer sheet saying you'll play for vet mim plus incentives.

Thanks Canty.

Posted

When was the last time we signed a vet that was telegraphed through the media to us?

Valid, but we do have a new GM.

Posted

Hell take a hometown discount and a one year deal? And TD is lobbying for him? Clear some cap and bring him down

1 person likes this

Posted

I've seen him listed as a DT at 6'7" 315 on ESPN and a DE at 6'7" at 285 on Profootballreference. Anyone know which is correct?

Posted

If this does happen, which Edwards would he be replacing?

Posted

I've seen him listed as a DT at 6'7" 315 on ESPN and a DE at 6'7" at 285 on Profootballreference. Anyone know which is correct?

He's legit 6'7'', 300+....would love to pick up Canty by the way. He'd give us a solid vet rush tackle that can also play DE in our 3-4 looks.

The fact that TD is lobbying for him can't hurt.

Posted

If this does happen, which Edwards would he be replacing?

Dwan Edwards, even though I think Ron Edwards will be cut as well.

Posted

Canty was with the Giants who Gettleman worked for, so if he has anything left, you bet Gettleman will know exactly what he is worth. If we don't offer him, then it won't just be about the money but value for the money.

Posted

Dwan Edwards, even though I think Ron Edwards will be cut as well.

If we keep one of them, it will be Dwan. I think Ron will be gone after ending up on IR for the past 2 seasons.

Posted

If we keep one of them, it will be Dwan. I think Ron will be gone after ending up on IR for the past 2 seasons.

Oh I agree. But he was asking who would Canty likely be replacing and my response was Dwan. Both play the 3-tech.

Posted

Oh I agree. But he was asking who would Canty likely be replacing and my response was Dwan. Both play the 3-tech.

Dwan is a free agent in 2013 so we likely are going to talk to both of them and may make an offer to one or the other. Who knows with Gettleman being new.