Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kalil Restructures: saves 2.2 mil

85 posts in this topic

Posted

Understand this moves Cap troubles backwards.

They turn Salary into bonus cash. Basically if you restructure you are getting paid up front. At least thats how it happens often.

They can also turn contracts into incentive based where salary is paid off of playtime triggers and what not-> Thomas Davis's last deal and the restructure had lots of this.

That's tough for a GM but hopefully there's a plan in place. I think we've seen Hurney do a lot of the same over the years with no real goal in mind. Just keep pushing money back further and screwing us over in later years. Honestly though, Gettlemen was handed a mess and he has to make some of these tough choices to get out of it.

And I agree with what was said about Gross, if Kalil can restructure then Gross certainly can, and probably will.

Posted

Nice.

Posted

He pretty much has to be, unless we cut him, which sadly would be catastrophic.

i wonder if we pay him most of his base salary too. that could free up alot. when you look at it the cap situation might not be that bad

Posted

its a start.

Posted

I don't understand. Why cut Gamble when you can restructure.. He's a good corner.

Posted

Gettleman's magic

Posted

Understand this moves Cap troubles backwards.

They turn Salary into bonus cash. Basically if you restructure you are getting paid up front. At least thats how it happens often.

They can also turn contracts into incentive based where salary is paid off of playtime triggers and what not-> Thomas Davis's last deal and the restructure had lots of this.

i wouldn't be surprised, but thats not how i saw it. did they give him a new signing bonus? or did they just drop what he's getting this year? i don't expect that to be right, but thats how it read to me without his contract details in front of me.

Posted

Damn right!

Posted

For this to be Gettleman's first GM job.. He's doing damn good so far IMO

Posted

Gross better be next! Follow by Dwill hopefully and Beason, Gamble? And 89.

Posted

89 shouldn't have to restructure.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wonder if Gettleman will ask CJ to restructure?