Photo
- - - - -

Will Carolina & Kentucky make the field of 68?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Very real risk that both programs miss the tournament this year. Who makes it? Both? Carolina? UK? Neither?

Lately State has also been playing like a team that doesn't deserve to be in, but with an RPI of 17 there is pretty much no way they are left out. At this point they're just playing for a better seed while Carolina and UK are playing just to get in.

Very strange year in college basketball. ACC only predicted to get four in right now while the A10 is predicted to get 6 at the moment (which would be a record for that conference) and the MWC is predicted to get 5 (which I believe is also a record for that conference).

#2 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Carolina's RPI is T40

They'll make it unless they really poo the bed down the stretch

#3 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Carolina's RPI is T40

They'll make it unless they really poo the bed down the stretch

There have been several examples of teams in the top 40 missing the tournament.

Carolina is 1-6 against top 50 RPI teams with that 1 win coming against UNLV.

3-6 on the road.

Those sorts of things are taken into consideration as well.

I personally think they're in at the moment, but they're probably a play-in team. A few more losses and they're out regardless of what their RPI is (because it can be artificially inflated by playing some teams in the ACC with top 20 RPI's.)

#4 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

If they make it (unless Carolina plays like they did against Duke (besides the freethrows) throughout the rest of the season) it will be on name value alone.

#5 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Latest mock selection has unc, Villanova, Charlotte, and UK the first four out. UVA is one of the last teams in so the game tomorrow with unc is huge for both teams, a winner goes to the tourney kind of game.

#6 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Latest mock selection has unc, Villanova, Charlotte, and UK the first four out. UVA is one of the last teams in so the game tomorrow with unc is huge for both teams, a winner goes to the tourney kind of game.

Tomorrow is huge for Charlotte as well. Beating Saint Louis doesn't guarantee us a spot, but I think it puts us on the right side of the bubble for right now. Losing means we'd probably have to win out and go to the A10 tournament final.

#7 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Tomorrow is huge for Charlotte as well. Beating Saint Louis doesn't guarantee us a spot, but I think it puts us on the right side of the bubble for right now. Losing means we'd probably have to win out and go to the A10 tournament final.

Agreed I was very excited to see them beat Butler especially on the road. Wish they could have gotten that one against VCU and they would be sitting pretty right now.

#8 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Before ACC play started I thought UNC would need at least 10 conference wins to make it, 11 to be safe.

That would mean going 4-3 or 5-2 over the last 7, which is very doable but this team isnt the most consistent. Should make it as long as Hairston continues to start, will definitely make it if they keep playing defense like they did against duke

#9 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

I think UNC makes it...Kentucky, I'm not sold on especially with Noel out for the rest of the year.

#10 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,822 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Both will make it. A couple of days ago I was much more confident in UK making it than UNC. With Noel's injury and UNC's competitive performance in Cameron I am now more confident in our chances. The SEC sucks though so UK should pull out enough wins to still get in. The highest any team gets is an 8 though and likely both will be 10-11. As horribly inconsistent as both have been I am sure nobody wants to be the 2 wih one of these two as their 10. The talent is not there for a deep run, but they are talented enough to give anybody a run for their money in one game.

#11 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Gotta go a big no on ky. Getting smashed by tennessee by 24 at the half. They are going to fall completely apart

#12 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Well our offense looked great today... Scored 93 on a team that only allows (average) at about 52 highest score before this game was Maryland with 69. If we do make the tourney McAdoo needs some serious improvement for us to do anything when we get there

#13 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Calipari throwing his players under the bus....

Bill Voth@billvoth

Says guy who invented his AAU recruiting style RT @KyleTucker_CJ: Calipari: “We’ve got a couple guys that are basically not real coachable."

Bill Voth@billvoth
Calipari throws players under the bus, yet hasn't he brought a lot of this upon himself? 1-and-done, NBA-crazed guys are his forte.

#14 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Gotta go a big no on ky. Getting smashed by tennessee by 24 at the half. They are going to fall completely apart

Yeah I tend to agree. Sometimes injuries have a way of bringing teams together......and with the players Kentucky had I thought they could maybe mold late; but I doubt that now. Especially after today. They got players though man and let's be honest here the sec tourney isn't the strongest one lol.

#15 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

I think yesterday knocks UVA and UK off the bubble. UNC is now on the right side of the bubble.

Charlotte now needs to win out to be back in bubble consideration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com