Photo
- - - - -

For the first time since a week before the draft, Walterfootball has us getting a position other than DT.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

http://www.walterfoo...m/draft2013.php

Bout damn time, I posted a thread 2 months ago saying we need safety, we lost game due to retarded safety play that would have had us in the playoffs everything else staying the same. Then in the playoffs 3 teams lost due to shitty safety play. People don't understand that to fight the deep ball and tight-ends you need elite safety play. Ravens...Head 'splosion.

I just don't think DT's are that efficient anymore. We dominated the Saint's twice this year, Sean Payton or not we rocked them on their upswing at the end of the season at their house, with shitty DT play. I just think a safety would be much more viable, or the top WR in the draft to extend our leads but if it comes down to the last possession in the game I'd rather have us have a long ball stopping safety rather than a marginal upgrade over Brandon Lafell, its not like Lafell sucks.

#2 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

I was just about to post this as well. He's got us taking Vaccaro in the 1st and Jesse Williams in the 2nd. Now that's what I'm talking about! MUCH better. I would love these two picks to start our draft. Talk about fixing two holes that need to be addressed!

#3 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

i saw this yesterday. our defense would be insane. we would be a shutdown corner away from top 5 D in the league

#4 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

yeah i like rambo and swearinger in later rounds too.

#5 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

He's had the same description for our pick since LAST YEAR'S mock draft. This is the first week he's changed it.

#6 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Yeah I saw that. I definitely would not be mad getting those 2 guys

#7 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

I've watched just about all the Vaccaro videos on youtube. I don't get why he's such a great prospect. Sure he looks like the best out of a weak class of Safeties (in my opinion), but all I really got out of those videos is that he's a really good tackler. Admittedly the videos I watched weren't very good for showing his coverage skills and all. They showed an interception and a few tipped passes, but not much in that department. Vaccaro is my Kuechly this year. Not the pick or the position I want in the 1st, but if that's the direction they go I'll trust them.

#8 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,604 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

im meh on Vaccaro, would much rather have a ball hawk like Rambo, and wouldnt mind moving up to the 3rd to get. as long as it wouldnt cost next years 2nd.

#9 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

I've watched just about all the Vaccaro videos on youtube. I don't get why he's such a great prospect. Sure he looks like the best out of a weak class of Safeties (in my opinion), but all I really got out of those videos is that he's a really good tackler. Admittedly the videos I watched weren't very good for showing his coverage skills and all. They showed an interception and a few tipped passes, but not much in that department. Vaccaro is my Kuechly this year. Not the pick or the position I want in the 1st, but if that's the direction they go I'll trust them.

if he can gives us the 3peat for roy ill take it

#10 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,970 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

VACCARO and JESSE? I just JIZZZZZ

#11 Moose Hoover

Moose Hoover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

I would accept this.

#12 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

I would be pissed if we drafted a S that had question marks at 14.

#13 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

what kind of logic is this. we beat the saints (who were awful this year), so therefore DTs dont matter in todays NFL. what a leap.

#14 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

what kind of logic is this. we beat the saints (who were awful this year), so therefore DTs dont matter in todays NFL. what a leap.

What? We lost, actual evidence, purely lost 4 to 5 games this season that would have had us in the playoffs on just poor safety play alone. You can argue grinding it out in the trenches all you want, but at the end of the day its about who has the last possession and it cost us games @ Atl, vs TB, vs Dal, vs, @ Chi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com