Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotsauce

My new toy.... :)

60 posts in this topic

I swear to God I hate human beings. There is one purpose for guns, KILLING. PERIOD. That is it. They serve no other purpose. Idiots

If every gun's purpose is to kill people why do so few accomplish it? This is really headed towards the Tinder Box but that is such a liberal close minded idealist view of what a gun is.

Some guns are for collecting, some of them are never fired the way some Star Wars figurines are never played with (oh no toy comparison again). Wild West and World War II era guns are examples of this.

Some guns are for practice and competition. These weapons tend to be low caliber weapons designed for teaching firearm safety and accuracy. The majority of people that learn how to shoot a handgun never utilize the skill outside of a controlled environment. They are not practicing and competing to kill people.

Some guns are for hunting. These weapons can vary in caliber and range but their purpose is to kill animals of various sizes. They are not designed to kill humans.

Some guns are for killing people. Some guns are designed to put down people quickly without changing magazines frequently. These weapons need to have power, velocity, and accuracy to kill targets with less bullets. That would be Zod's efficiency.

The OPs .22 Cal weapon does not have power or velocity. It does not have long range accuracy. It's the smallest and cheapest widely accepted bullet. It would take multiple bullets, maybe an entire clip in an unarmored target to kill someone with that weapon. It's a toy. My dad taught me to shoot a .22cal when I was 7. It's a training gun for kids. Or a cheap toy for adults.

TLDR If you picked the OPs gun on Call of Duty you wouldn't kill anyone. Not even the dogs.

1 person likes this

Of course this turned into another political debate with people calling each other idiots because of their beliefs on a single issue.

Welcome to the Huddle.

TLDR If you picked the OPs gun on Call of Duty you wouldn't kill anyone. Not even the dogs.

The gun version of the madden proclamations in the main forum.

Of course this turned into another political debate with people calling each other idiots because of their beliefs on a single issue.

Welcome to the Huddle.

Unfortunately, the Huddle is hardly the only place this happens.

Unfortunately, the Huddle is hardly the only place this happens.

Yeah, it's really the internet as a whole.

Welcome to the Huddle.

Hmmm, I see gun owners discussing this purchase rationally.

I see Daddy Uncle ripping gun owners as "idiots" and Zod with some snarky comments.

So yeah, pretty much welcome to the Huddle.

yup...getting to the point where we may as well close down every sub forum except the tinderbox and smack central....most threads end up in one of those categories before long

My son has an airsoft gun. They are kind of fun to shoot for about 10 minutes or so, then it gets boring.

A device designed for one purpose, to kill people efficiently, is considered a toy.

'Merica

pew pew pew pew

• Topics

• I don't feel like we're a sleeper team. We are just mercurial as a franchise- up, down, and in the middle. I really do not know what to expect this year. As it's been said, the O-line is a big question mark. Our interior is good, but the tackle spot is a mystery. I wasn't and am still not high on the Lil Kalil signing, and not because of the contract. He has declined every year since his rookie year. Am I suppose to believe that he has really been chronically injured this whole time and now that he is here with Ryan he is suppose to magically be healthy and perform? I'm not saying it isn't possible- I'm not saying he's def going to suck either. I just have no clue. I think it's a big time gamble from Gman. I hope it works out. And I desperately want to be proved wrong about it too. I hope he fills the hole that's been there since Gross left as a long term solution. And the other thing that worries me that is the coaching staff. Everyone talks about Shula but I'm not high on RR. He took zero accountability in his post season presser- as apposed to Gman who acknowledged his mistakes. I've never really liked him- I'm really wondering if Riverboat was just fools gold. He just feels like Fox 2.0- don't think he can't get us a Lombardi- which is sad because I feel like our roster can. Again, I hope I'm wrong about this. These two things plus our division- The NFCS will be a dogfight this year. 
    • Yeah we fell asleep..the offensive like ducked and the secondary ducked til Bradbury and the other kid stepped up.. but season was done.. need a healthy o-Lind this year and execute or these new weapons are pointless

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle