59 replies to this topic

#31 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I swear to God I hate human beings. There is one purpose for guns, KILLING. PERIOD. That is it. They serve no other purpose. Idiots

If every gun's purpose is to kill people why do so few accomplish it? This is really headed towards the Tinder Box but that is such a liberal close minded idealist view of what a gun is.

Some guns are for collecting, some of them are never fired the way some Star Wars figurines are never played with (oh no toy comparison again). Wild West and World War II era guns are examples of this.

Some guns are for practice and competition. These weapons tend to be low caliber weapons designed for teaching firearm safety and accuracy. The majority of people that learn how to shoot a handgun never utilize the skill outside of a controlled environment. They are not practicing and competing to kill people.

Some guns are for hunting. These weapons can vary in caliber and range but their purpose is to kill animals of various sizes. They are not designed to kill humans.

Some guns are for killing people. Some guns are designed to put down people quickly without changing magazines frequently. These weapons need to have power, velocity, and accuracy to kill targets with less bullets. That would be Zod's efficiency.

The OPs .22 Cal weapon does not have power or velocity. It does not have long range accuracy. It's the smallest and cheapest widely accepted bullet. It would take multiple bullets, maybe an entire clip in an unarmored target to kill someone with that weapon. It's a toy. My dad taught me to shoot a .22cal when I was 7. It's a training gun for kids. Or a cheap toy for adults.

TLDR If you picked the OPs gun on Call of Duty you wouldn't kill anyone. Not even the dogs.

#32 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Of course this turned into another political debate with people calling each other idiots because of their beliefs on a single issue.

Welcome to the Huddle.

#33 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

TLDR If you picked the OPs gun on Call of Duty you wouldn't kill anyone. Not even the dogs.

The gun version of the madden proclamations in the main forum.

#34 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,453 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Of course this turned into another political debate with people calling each other idiots because of their beliefs on a single issue.

Welcome to the Huddle.

Unfortunately, the Huddle is hardly the only place this happens.

#35 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Unfortunately, the Huddle is hardly the only place this happens.

Yeah, it's really the internet as a whole.

#36 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,716 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Welcome to the Huddle.

Hmmm, I see gun owners discussing this purchase rationally.

I see Daddy Uncle ripping gun owners as "idiots" and Zod with some snarky comments.

So yeah, pretty much welcome to the Huddle.

#37 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

yup...getting to the point where we may as well close down every sub forum except the tinderbox and smack central....most threads end up in one of those categories before long

#38 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,453 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

My son has an airsoft gun. They are kind of fun to shoot for about 10 minutes or so, then it gets boring.

#39 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

A device designed for one purpose, to kill people efficiently, is considered a toy.

'Merica

pew pew pew pew

#40 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,716 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

derp

#41 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Invented during the civil war to kill people. You could kill just about anything with a .22 and some aim.

#42 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Invented during the civil war to kill people. You could kill just about anything with a .22 and some aim.

A compound bow would be more effective at killing to be completely honest.

VERY few people have the ability to kill people with a .22 round. It's a varmit/target round.
About as harmless as a bullet can get.
But you are trollin and I <3 you so we will stop here ;)

#43 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

You are the one trying to argue a 22 doesn't kill people when that was exactly what it was designed to do as a historical fact.

#44 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

You are the one trying to argue a 22 doesn't kill people when that was exactly what it was designed to do as a historical fact.

No sir I did not.

A compound bow would be more effective at killing to be completely honest.
VERY few people have the ability to kill people with a .22 round. It's a varmit/target round.

About as harmless as a bullet can get.

Don't mess with me sir!

#45 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Okay I'm one of the biggest gun lovers here... but...

Stop arguing semantics about the .22 being anything but a lethal weapon. I say that while admitting that lots of things could be considered just as deadly.

It is as lethal as any firearm of any caliber. This is especially so when it falls into the hands of someone who isn't proficient with firearm training or safety, or someone with a warped view of the world and life itself.

The whole crux of the gun control argument needs to focus on the people that wield them and not so much as the firearms themselves. But lets don't disregard common sense to justify a confirmation bias.

To the OP. Cool gun! Congrats!

I say that with the hope that you, too, are a responsible gun owner and that you'll treat your new toy with the responsibility required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.