who said it wasn't ? :/

#47 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

That Gun is not designed to kill people. Most rifles are not designed to kill people. That's like saying a steak knife is designed to kill people.

The OPs .22 Cal weapon does not have power or velocity. It does not have long range accuracy. It's the smallest and cheapest widely accepted bullet. It would take multiple bullets, maybe an entire clip in an unarmored target to kill someone with that weapon. It's a toy. My dad taught me to shoot a .22cal when I was 7. It's a training gun for kids. Or a cheap toy for adults.

TLDR If you picked the OPs gun on Call of Duty you wouldn't kill anyone. Not even the dogs.

#48 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,319 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Oh that guy.

poo yeah I could likely kill someone with a .22.
But that's not why someone would buy one IMO.

#49 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Oh that guy.

poo yeah I could likely kill someone with a .22.
But that's not why someone would buy one IMO.

I completely agree... But I feel like disregarding the lethality of it weakens the argument...

#50 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,319 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

I completely agree... But I feel like disregarding the lethality of it weakens the argument...

Fair, I guess my main point is you would reach for ...well literally every other rifle round to kill someone.

Either way just arguing semantics.

:)

#51 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

I'm actually looking at picking up a .17 now, as I just discovered that it has actual cartridges and is not just a pellet gun...

#52 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,391 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

I only stated it wasn't a toy.

Now reading idiots trying to down play the 22.

I got my first rifle when I was 4 years old.

My father taught me everything I needed to know, from gun safety, to the fact that you can kill with a .22.

I love guns. I love hunting. I love that I can defend myself and family with them.

Can't believe there are idiots talking down the 22, so they can justify it as a toy.

#53 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,164 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Get your panties out of your crack.

Most people call it a toy because they are not planning on using it on anything but enjoyment and passing time like a motorcycle or anything else. Get over yourself.

You might actually have to worry if he came in here stating, "here is my new weapon". But he is going to go out back and play, target practice, etc. You guys get sideways very quickly. Loosen up, eat more fiber.

#54 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,247 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Yeah this is really getting into semantics. My only point is that not all weapons are designed to kill humans. Certainly all are capable of it the way all knives are.

Guns do not load themselves, they do not aim themselves, and they do not fire themselves. The problem has always been the operators or careless owners but it's not possible to spot those people all the time.

#55 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,862 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

"Toy"

Lol.

You cannot convince me why you need this weapon.

Hahahahaha.

We don't need to, nor anyone else for that matter.

#56 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Dude bought it as a toy and not a home defense killing machine, why cant it just be left at that?

#57 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,862 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Dude bought it as a toy and not a home defense killing machine, why cant it just be left at that?

Because that's not the party line right now.

#58 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,960 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Saying guns kill people is sayin matches cause arson...

A .22 is lethal when used for that purpose.. So is PineSol, driving a car & device used to cut cheese, or a garote...

Congrats BC, nice find considering the demand for those nowadays....

Posted Image

#59 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

lol at the anti gunners... Nice 22.

#60 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

How much did u pay for that? If you dont mind me asking... PM if u feel more confortable doing that. It's a pretty damned tricked out .22

Magpul buttstock, Troy fold down sites... Very nice indeed. I thought about getting one for when my son gets older. He's only 2 now, so that's obviously something he'll have to wait Several years to get. But the ammo is way cheap and it would be a fun Lil toy to piddle around with. I say toy, because it's not something that u would necessarily try and use for self defense. Although, that model with the suppressor on it the way it is would require a gun enthusiasts knowledge to know it's just a .22 and not a .556 or .223 variant.

The silhouette of it would likely scare someone off at a distance. Hell, it's not a terrible idea for someone that waited too long to buy one if these... All that said... .22's are weak, but a well placed shot could prove fatal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.