Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mayock top 5 at each position.

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Syl Williams and Short over Jesse???? WOW

Posted

kwann had the best numbers for a dt to me and sly had better number than jessie too. (they had better stats)

i guess thats why he put them higher than jessie.....

Posted

Syl Williams and Short over Jesse???? WOW

Jesse is a true NT whole Sly and Short can do a little bit of UT and NT. Maybe that's why they are rated higher.

Posted

I'm not too surprised over these rankings. Floyd is very strong, scouts have noted his quickness, he's always had a 3.0 GPA and he has a great motor. Personally, I'm a bit sceptical about his initial burst, but if he runs well at the combine, he's a blue chip prospect.

Jesse Williams is a NT without being an elite athlete, that itself puts him at the twenties at best. Sylvester Williams on the other hand weighs 320 and has a burst like Richardson. I'm glad someone else is on the Sylvester train, this guy's stock is only gonna go up after the combine.

Posted

kwann had the best numbers for a dt to me and sly had better number than jessie too. (they had better stats)

i guess thats why he put them higher than jessie.....

As a scout/draft analyst, if Mayock is just going off stats he should be fired immediately. If that's all it took, anyone could do it.

Sylvester Williams looks very promising, but not top half of round 1 material. I'd definitely take him in the 2nd, or maybe even late first if we traded down far enough. Short and Floyd both look like they could be very good UTs, but I wouldn't touch them in the 1st. Every video I saw on Floyd he was getting pushed around and knocked down by college kids. Doesn't bode well for potential in the pros. He does have a good swim move and some quickness, but he was on his butt too often. Looks more like a 3-4 DE where he won't have to deal with double teams as much.

Posted

By the look of it, I'm guessing we could still get a DT of the future in the 2nd??? As we should go WR/FS/OL in the 1st then.

Posted

Exactly! All biased I have him as the top RB in the draft but with health concerns I could see him to dropping to #2 at the least

FTFY

Posted

FTFY

Lol how would you rank the RB's then???

Posted

Floppin can't talk prospects.

He's a tinderbox poster.

Posted

Floppin can't talk prospects.

He's a tinderbox poster.

Hahah, go back to bed child.

Posted

no way in hell Rodgers isnt a top 5 WR in this class.

Posted

As much as I would love to take Chance Warmack, Kenny Vaccaro, or Cordarrelle Patterson in the 1st, I can't help but think that the team is going to take a shot on Sharrif Floyd. He's been moving up draft boards quickly and can play both DE and DT, which is something that the coaching staff seems to value. Another reason why I'm wondering it they'll take a shot a signing Delanie Walker if cap space can be made available.

I'm a bit surprised that DeAndre Hopkins isn't in the top 5 for WR.