Photo
- - - - -

NC State vs. Virginia Tech

nc state basketball

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#31 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Wood is like flipping a coin. I've seen him lose just as many games as he's won.

We will be fine

#32 unicar15

unicar15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

State is in SERIOUS trouble with out the white dude who nails 3s next year

Our team is going to be completely different next year assuming Leslie and Brown go pro. So, even trying to think about what that team will be like compared to this team is pretty difficult. But with regard to Wood's shooting ability...We have a guy named Ralston Turner who was a transfer from LSU. He shot 37% from 3P range last year. Wood is currently shooting 43%. Not that big of a difference.

I think next year's team is going to be a little tougher, honestly. I think we lack toughness this year and with Barber and Anya coming in next year I think they will bring a toughness that we will really need. I think we will be a lot like UNC this year...searching for an identity for a while and coming together late. If we get Randle then I will like our chances at making some noise next year as well.

The other aspect is that I think we catch the bad side of the officials because of some guys on our team. Scott Wood and Leslie both have attitudes and it tends to rub the refs the wrong way...and we end up getting screwed. Refs can claim they are unbiased all they want but Leslie gets absolutely destroyed in there sometimes and he rarely gets the calls. Maybe it's because he's slight...but whatever the reason he gets completely knocked off his path more times than not and ends up not getting the whistle.

More worried about this year though...the close losses we have suffered are really coming back to haunt us with regard to public perception and possible NCAAT seed. If we beat Miami and Maryland (instead of giving up last second buzzer beaters whe we had the lead) then IMO we are still in the top 25 and are being looked as a 4-5 seed instead of a 6-7 seed.