• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

instead of getting a job at an established lot...have you considered an online custom auto lot?

I know a guy...friend of a friend...and he essentially runs an online/on the phone lot for high end clients.

works like this...Joe wants to buy a car but he's busy and feels to important to go lot to lot or spend time online shopping. Instead, he calls ladypanther and says yo...I want to be a 2013 BMW 750i with these options/colors etc etc etc. Make it happen.

you shop the world, find it, negotiate the best price for it, get it brought to Joe and collect a commission.

probably tough to start out because you'd need connections all over the car world to ensure you get your best price, but I think there's big money in this. In Canada it's big because we can benefit through buying cars from the US, importing them and saving a boatload on taxes. I bet with all that banking in Charlotte and area, there's enough rich dudes that will pay for this service.

#17 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

That sounds like a good idea Hawk. I do think I need to know more about the business first. And the job I am interviewing for has benefits....something I need right now. May file that away for later.

The business I am currently in has some very nasty sides. There is little humanity in human services these days, and there is also a lot of competition and back stabbing. Some of the craziest people seem attracted to it....and sadly some of them get a lot of power.

I want to get sales experience and a chance to make some money. Appreciate all the info and ideas I can get.

#18 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

That sounds like a good idea Hawk. I do think I need to know more about the business first. And the job I am interviewing for has benefits....something I need right now. May file that away for later.

The business I am currently in has some very nasty sides. There is little humanity in human services these days, and there is also a lot of competition and back stabbing. Some of the craziest people seem attracted to it....and sadly some of them get a lot of power.

I want to get sales experience and a chance to make some money. Appreciate all the info and ideas I can get.

Personally I recommend real estate over car sales, but if you need money, and need it quickly, RE is not the career path for you.

It takes a while to build up your business.

#19 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

I know there are good people in every walk of life, job, vocation, etc....but I admit to laughing at the bit about lack of humanity, the competition, and back stabbing in human/social services...so you want to go into car sales?

#20 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

I know there are good people in every walk of life, job, vocation, etc....but I admit to laughing at the bit about lack of humanity, the competition, and back stabbing in human/social services...so you want to go into car sales?

+1

#21 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

I agree with Scrum....Sales in general (for the most part)are a bunch of back stabbing and extremely hypocritical holier than thou assholes....

if you don't want to be a part of that...you should avoid sales at all costs

#22 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Ladypanther... here is a thread I made about a year ago that may be helpful to you as well. http://www.carolinah...ber-these-tips/

#23 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Heres another good read for you or anyone else interested in the business. This is titled "typical day in the life of a car salesmen". http://www.autocheat...p?media2Id=6150

#24 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

LadyPanther here is one more. This is from a female car salesperson and she nails it.

http://sometimesswee...r-salesman.html

#25 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

In "human services" I have actually seen people die because of the dysfunction. You laugh, it sounds the same to you but it is not. There is a wear and tear about dealing with life and death issues daily, and it becomes unbearable when you see the loss that should not happen.

I have spent many years in that business. I have done everything I could to make a positive difference....in some cases I did. In the cases that the system screwed people.....I think I have reached my limit.

I now need to take care of myself. I will continue to do good where I can. I just can't continue to work as I have been.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com