145 replies to this topic

#136 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,878 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Well, the reason I asked was to gauge whether the hospitals routinely get these requests from others having to do with Jews or women and such. If they are used to doing this crap for one group, as wrong as it is, you can almost see the bridge to doing someone else wrong, all for the sake of wrongful accomodation.

Have any men or Jewish folks also sued? Will this make hospitals change the rules back to where "you get what you get"?

#137 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Are you really that stupid?

Companies settle lawsuits like this all the time for one reason. That reason is to just make it and the negative publicity go away. In addition, the amount if the settlement (which is probably relatively small) is probably less than the actual costs of going to court.

you saw what I was responding to right? you read the part where I said it was a dumb argument in order to make a point?

I said that it was dumb 90 percent of cases never go to court for that very reason. not because they didn't think they would win.

Side note: Somehow madhatter, by far the most belligerent poster in the tinderbox as far as unwarranted insults go (well aside from YML), never gets called out on "lowbrow tactics". I wonder why...

#138 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,546 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Well, the reason I asked was to gauge whether the hospitals routinely get these requests from others having to do with Jews or women and such. If they are used to doing this crap for one group, as wrong as it is, you can almost see the bridge to doing someone else wrong, all for the sake of wrongful accomodation.

Have any men or Jewish folks also sued? Will this make hospitals change the rules back to where "you get what you get"?

Sex is a much more protected issue than race in instances like these. If your wife wants a female gynecologist there is never going to be a lawsuit over it.

#139 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Side note: Somehow madhatter, by far the most belligerent poster in the tinderbox as far as unwarranted insults go (well aside from YML), never gets called out on "lowbrow tactics". I wonder why...

Quit whining

#140 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

I don't actually care since shitting up threads with insults is your gimmick and everything and I wouldn't to take that away from you

Most of the whining is done on the rightwing side of things while they don't have a problem when one of their own does it

#141 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,959 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

10 bucks says this thread will have more life than the lawsuit

#142 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

In general, corporations fight discriminatory lawsuits if they believe they can win, because the only thing worse for publicity than the existence of a discrimination-based lawsuit is losing or settling. Most everyone following this story is going to see the settlement as an admission of guilt. Walmart just fought a class action lawsuit and won over accusations that they treat female employees unfairly on a company-wide basis.

On the other hand, individuals/small groups settle in cases like these generally because they are pressured to settle by attorneys, especially if they're going to have trouble paying legal fees.

This makes me curious how many people who think the hospital settled to make it go away think MJ settled because he KNEW he was a baby rapist and paid the family to keep quiet.

#143 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,959 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

it took 10 pages to interject the gloved one.bravo smoots. lol

#144 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

I wanted to insert it earlier but I wanted to see if the case got settled out of court lol.

#145 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,958 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

you saw what I was responding to right? you read the part where I said it was a dumb argument in order to make a point?

I said that it was dumb 90 percent of cases never go to court for that very reason. not because they didn't think they would win.

It is hard not to insult people who post as much ridiculous poo as you.

#146 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,546 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

I don't actually care since shitting up threads with insults is your gimmick and everything and I wouldn't to take that away from you

Didn't you call someone a dipshit earlier?

Just sayin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com