New man crush?

#2 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Yes. The idea of getting Floyd in the 1st and maybe someone like TJ Barnes in the 6th sounds incredible to me. That way, we'd have a penetrating DT in Floyd and a run-stuffer in Barnes.

#3 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

He's the only dt I want to take with the 1st pick besides star

#4 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

He's the only dt I want to take with the 1st pick besides star

Agree completely. I'm not even sure he lasts till 14 tbh. Have a feeling he's going to crush the combine and become a top ten lock....

#5 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,553 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

north philly is really, really rough. It literally looked like a warzone when i was there. The dude sounds like hes got a good head on his shoulders. Damn this DT class is really good.

#6 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,553 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Great Interview. I would put money on this guy as our first round pick. He would bust his ass everyday to be the best he can be.

#7 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,874 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Don't think he'll even make it to our pick, love to have him though

#8 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

would be a decent pick.

#9 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

On the bright side, having him move into the top ten will hopefully push someone down like Warmack.

Getting this guy might be good or a Warmack (1st) J Williams (2nd) could also work

#10 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

I don't think this is the guy for us. After watching tape on him, Floyd just doesn't make enough plays for him to be worthy of our #1 pick. Yes, he will make a great play every now and then but the consistency just isnt there compared to other comparable dt's in this years draft. I would rather have Jonathon Hankins or Sylvester Williams if we did draft a dt in the 1st, hopefully we don't. This team has so much more needs. We don't have the luxury of waiting on a dt to develop, or if he does at all when we have other needs at OL WR and DB. Just from past drafts, DT has a high bust rate and i think Floyd could be that

#11 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,553 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

I don't think this is the guy for us. After watching tape on him, Floyd just doesn't make enough plays for him to be worthy of our #1 pick. Yes, he will make a great play every now and then but the consistency just isnt there compared to other comparable dt's in this years draft. I would rather have Jonathon Hankins or Sylvester Williams if we did draft a dt in the 1st, hopefully we don't. This team has so much more needs. We don't have the luxury of waiting on a dt to develop, or if he does at all when we have other needs at OL WR and DB. Just from past drafts, DT has a high bust rate and i think Floyd could be that

actually out of all the DT's i would trust Floyd to not be the bust out of all of them. Hankins is inconsistant as poo and is apparently not a 3 down player. Floyd busts his ass on every play and is hungry. I would take that every Sunday. I think Star and Jesse will be good though. Not sure about Sylvester Williams I'll have to look him up.

#12 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Can someone explain what exactly about this article is a must read? He's a football player who came from a rough background, and his coaches and family think he's talented. It's not a bad article, but its pretty generic, to be honest. You can find similar profiles on numerous players in the draft.

#13 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Has everyone here forgotten about Sheldon Richardson? I think RIchardson is the second best DT in the draft, with Floyd right there with him.

I think character is very important. You cannot count on players with character concerns. This guy is tremendous in that department. He is intelligent, humble, and he works hard. I am a fan.

#14 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Has everyone here forgotten about Sheldon Richardson? I think RIchardson is the second best DT in the draft, with Floyd right there with him.

Richardson could be a good pickup as well. But, there's a couple of reasons I'd much prefer Floyd.

1) Richardson is kind of small. He could measure in at 290 at the Combine. That's not very big at all, especially not for a DT. Where as Floyd is probably going to weigh in somewhere around 310.

2) Floyd has played against SEC talent (including Chance Warmack and Barrett Jones) each of his three years at Florida. Richardson only played against SEC competition once in his career. Am I saying that playing SEC determines what kind of player you are? No, I'm not. But, Floyd has posted great numbers while playing against that insane level of competition.

In my mind, the DTs go like this:

1) Floyd
2) Richardson
3) Star
4) J. Williams
5) Jenkins

#15 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Richardson could be a good pickup as well. But, there's a couple of reasons I'd much prefer Floyd.

1) Richardson is kind of small. He could measure in at 290 at the Combine. That's not very big at all, especially not for a DT. Where as Floyd is probably going to weigh in somewhere around 310.

2) Floyd has played against SEC talent (including Chance Warmack and Barrett Jones) each of his three years at Florida. Richardson only played against SEC competition once in his career. Am I saying that playing SEC determines what kind of player you are? No, I'm not. But, Floyd has posted great numbers while playing against that insane level of competition.

In my mind, the DTs go like this:

1) Floyd
2) Richardson
3) Star
4) J. Williams
5) Jenkins

Level of competition and character is significant. The thing I do not like about Sheldon Richardson is the fact that he is a bit of a one-trick pony. He shoots gaps and chases. I think Warford (KY) shut him down. Floyd could probably play a 2-gap if needed, and is probably better vs. the run.

Richardson could add 20 lbs, and the combine will be his friend. I expect him to run around a 4.8 40. Floyd was playing out of position for a while, but he got better and better as the year progressed--and the competition increased.

So, your point makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com