Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this guy always get a pass?

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Why did Obama get elected again?

He is only the worst president in US history...nothing big

Said the guy who got a D- in History

Posted

Why did Obama get elected again?

He is only the worst president in US history...nothing big

He got reelected because he received the most electoral college votes, but please go on with your insightful analysis of American Political History.

Posted

Me when I originally heard about Mel Gibson being racist:

Well that was awfully ignorant of him. *Carry on with my day.*

Me after I just read the article posted in the original post:

Well that was awfully ignorant of him. *Carry on with my day*

stirs and g5 after reading the Baldwin article:

"How can I turn this into something about liberals in the tinderbox?"

Posted

I don't think I've commented, but I think the point is that Baldwin seen as a liberal icon...even talk of running for NY offices and he's not destroyed when he has outbursts like this. Racist even. I'm sure he'll get another NBC show soon though.

Despite what questions someone asks him...does that warrant a racist ignorant response?

Posted

The only people who see Alec Baldwin as a liberal icon are people who use the term "liberal icon".

Posted

The only people who see Alec Baldwin as a liberal icon are people who use the term "liberal icon".

Seconded. I'm mostly liberal, and I can't remember the last time I've heard of, or thought of Alex Baldwin outside of this thread.

But he's an "icon" so maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Posted

Right.

Alec's never been one to refrain from political commentary, but we know you're just being purposefully ignorant.

Posted

Like a lot of actors/artist/people-with-higher-than-a-10th-grade-education, I'm sure he associates with "liberals". That being said, he wasn't exactly at the Democratic Convention yelling at a chair or anything.

Posted

From what I've seen reported on this situation so far, it's pretty much a he said/he said. Unless there's a video or some other witnesses, nothing will come of it. Who cares. I don't agree with Baldwin's politics mostly... he seems like a bit of an arrogant ass with a anger problem... but he's a damn fine actor and really funny.

Posted

at first glance it seems carelessly flippant, but rodeo is a pretty thoughtful guy. i'm going to wait to hear him explain it further before casting judgement one way or another.

If you can't argue the point, just compliment then. Classic tactic, but not gonna work this time buddy.

Posted

Hey G5 dont be so down, remember, you have your own "conservative icon" Baldwin brother. Why does he always get a pass?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/jan/31/stephen-baldwin-interview

On second thought I can see why you would have some issues with the funnier, more successful Baldwin brother being on the other side and you are stuck with the C list. Good news though, he's in the same cultural radar zone with Ted Nugent and Victoria Jackson.

Posted

If you can't argue the point, just compliment then. Classic tactic, but not gonna work this time buddy.

chill out, i legitimately don't understand your point, but i'm not going to assume "lolz rodeo is a doofus" as a result. i'm not attempting to argue the point i'm attempting to understand it.